Campaign Director (virtual/remote)
- Position Type
- Full Time
UltraViolet is hiring a Campaign Director to help us create a real cost for sexism in the U.S.
UltraViolet is a national organization that drives feminist cultural and political change. Through people power and strategic advocacy, we work to improve the lives of women and girls of all identities and backgrounds, and all people impacted by sexism, by dismantling the patriarchy and creating a cost for sexism. We work on a range of interconnected issues that impact the lives of women, including ending violence against women, economic security, reproductive rights, racial justice, and immigration.
Together with our 1.2 million members and movement partners, UltraViolet has helped shift our country’s culture around violence by creating public relations crises and financial consequences for high-profile perpetrators like Bill O'Reilly, R. Kelly, and Harvey Weinstein, and the corporations that enable and profit from them; organized nationwide to protect access to affordable reproductive healthcare for millions of people; advocated for justice for women and girls of color treated brutally and inhumanely by police and immigration enforcement; pressured major corporations like Netflix and Target to expand paid parental leave; and more.
UltraViolet is an organization run by women, immigrants, people of color, Indigenous women, and LGBTQ+ people. Sexism disparately impacts us and we strongly encourage people from these and other impacted communities to apply.
UltraViolet is looking for a Campaign Director who has a proven ability to run high-profile campaigns that engage hundreds of thousands of people and garner national media attention. If you have an instinct for spotting breakout campaigns, an eye for media-worthiness, and a sharp sense of strategy, this is the position for you.
These are the required skills for this position:
- Five to eight years working in digital campaigning, organizing, communications, advocacy, or other relevant experience
- Experience running scaled digital campaigns
- Sharp strategic and advocacy knowledge and instincts
- Experience managing complex projects from start to finish, independently and as part of a team
- Proven writing ability in a relevant setting (think action alerts, not articles)
- Knowledge about political and cultural issues that primarily impact women
We’re hoping you bring 1-2 (or more) of these bonus skills:
- Experience with communications and media strategies, and a proven track record of generating earned media
- Experience working in intersectional feminist organizing and/ or racial justice organizing
- Staff management experience
- Experience growing member email lists, both paid and organic
- Experience with and an understanding of cultural organizing or electoral politics
- Experience working with Action Kit or a relevant member database CRM
You will thrive in this role if you’re someone who:
- Likes the idea of working remotely, since we are an all-remote organization
- Is comfortable juggling multiple tasks and can thrive in a fast-paced environment, independently or as part of a team
- Is an excellent project manager; you can manage a project seamlessly from start to finish
- Is able, willing, and excited to turn on a dime when opportunity knocks!
Perks of working for UltraViolet:
- Full health, dental, and vision for employees and generous coverage for your family
- Four to six weeks of vacation and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) with a five percent employer contribution
- Sixteen weeks of parental leave, plus support for childcare for work-related events and travel
- A team with a top-notch GIF game and a #pets slack channel that gets surprise presents (sometimes purple cakes!) and knows how to have fun while getting a lot done in a low-ego environment!
The salary range for this position is $70,000 to $80,000, plus a home office stipend based on the cost of living in your location.
Applications are being processed on a rolling basis until March 20th, 2019
UltraViolet is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. UltraViolet hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.