People and Operations Director
- Position Type
- Full Time
People and Operations Director
Emerge America’s mission is to increase the number of Democratic women leaders from diverse backgrounds in public office through recruitment, training and providing a powerful network. Our vision: to change the face of power, politics and leadership in this country in order to have policies that are responsive to all. We are operating in 25 states and just came off of an incredibly successful election cycle—our alumnae won 415 races, including 5 who ran for Congress.
As the national umbrella organization, Emerge America’s role is to:
* Elevate the importance of electing more Democratic women at every level of the ballot.
* Empower our current alumnae and affiliates with support and capacity-building.
* Expand our impact by replicating our success in new states.
Emerge America is seeking a person with high energy, ability to multi-task, great project management skills and terrific attention to detail. Reporting to the Chief of Staff, all of the duties described below will contribute to our mission in an essential way. If you are passionate about getting more Democratic women into positions of power and want to change the world, then this is the job for you.
* Set the vision and ensure successful execution of a comprehensive employee experience and lifecycle—onboarding, performance management, employee engagement, employee development and training;
* Provide coaching and guidance to employees and managers for any HR related concerns;
* Work with and support the Chief of Staff to ensure full execution of the organization’s evolving diversity, equity and inclusion throughout the organization;
* Ensure compliance with state statutes for headquarters and affiliate states;
* Work with the Chief of Staff on any legal matters that arise;
* Supervise all hiring and recruitment for open positions;
* Manage all relevant operations and human resources contracts including our PEO;
* Oversee all technology, facilities, equipment, etc;
* Develop policies and procedures around technology, systems and databases, ensure compliance.
Experience and Qualifications
* 5+ years of experience in human resources and operations;
* Experience supervising and administering multiple aspects of a comprehensive human resources program;
* Ability to create and set a high-level vision and tactical implementation expertise;
* Enthusiasm for the advancement of Democratic women in politics;
* Proven track record of excellent follow-through and accountability;
* Outstanding organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail;
* Ability to prioritize tasks and keep track of multiple projects;
* Ability to create and maintain friendly and professional relationships with staff, key stakeholders and donors;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
* Ability to think creatively and work independently;
* Familiarity and high level of comfortability with systems and databases;
* Excellent web and technology skills and comfort trouble-shooting with technology;
* Comfortable learning new technical/computer skills, as they arise.
Job Schedule and Location
The People and Operations Director will work in the Emerge America office in downtown San Francisco.
Salary and Benefits
Range $75K-$80K depending on experience.
How to apply:
Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com by March 25, 2019. In your cover letter, include a description of how your background aligns with this position and an explanation of your interest in women in politics.
Emerge America will not be able to respond to all applicants. Only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are at the heart of our mission. We want our team to reflect the incredible diversity of the women whose political power we seek to build. Therefore, we especially encourage applications from people of color, LGBTQ individuals, people with disabilities and members of other groups who are underrepresented in our political system.