Development Director, Ohio
5 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
The Development Director is responsible for the implementation of the mission through fundraising events, corporate development, and volunteer development. The person in this role will cultivate partnerships and alliances that will promote growth and awareness within the community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop, implement and monitor an annual budget and work plan, including fundraising, support services, leadership development and volunteer development.
- Create and implement strategies to meet fundraising goals through the Moving Day® walk program and other events as assigned.
- Lead fundraising efforts, leadership development and volunteer development with corporate partners.
- Recruit volunteer leaders to serve on Chapter Board.
- Recruit volunteer leaders and committee members to assist in implementing the fundraising work plan.
- Serve as a consultant and resource to volunteers. Provide professional leadership in planning and implementing their tasks and/or responsibilities.
- Assure appropriate utilization of volunteer skills and resources and provide guidance in carrying out assignments and recognition for their time and effort.
- Maintain accurate and complete records and files for fundraising events and activities and routinely review the status of each with your supervisor.
- Direct the cultivation, solicitation, follow-up and recognition process for individual, corporate and foundation participation and donations related to Moving Day and other events as assigned.
- Work closely with Major Gift directors and Donor Services team in the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors.
- Coordinate all collateral materials related to fundraising events and activities.
- Coordinate public relations and promotion for fundraising events, and activities.
- Perform all other duties and tasks required to support all new and/or proposed fundraising events, special events and activities.
- Actively seek opportunities to address community needs and positively impact local community while advancing the mission, goals and values.
- Keep abreast of National Office activities and properly utilize the resources available.
- Be knowledgeable about Parkinson’s disease and the Foundation’s strategic plan and operations.
- Assure the proper use, management, security and upkeep of the facilities, equipment and documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS degree.
- Five to seven years in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization.
- Demonstrated track record of successful fundraising experience that includes special events, corporate/foundation giving, donor cultivation and recognition, donor records and acknowledgement.
- Proven and applicable skills in strategic planning and budgeting and volunteer development.
- Self-motivated, results oriented leader with strong organizational skills.
- An effective communicator, both written and oral.
- Proficiency in MS Office- Raiser’s Edge and Convio a plus.
Salary for this position is competitive and depends on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate, “Development Director, Ohio” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.