Vocational Training Specialist
- Degree Level
POSITION TITLE: Vocational Training Specialist
FLSA STATUS: Exempt
DATE PREPARED: 2/19/19
REPORTS TO: TBD
DATE APPROVED: 2/19
STRATEGIC IMPORTANCE TO THE COMPANY:
The Vocational Training Specialist is a critical member of our Ministry in facilitating the socio-emotional and vocational curriculum, preparing clients for sustainable employment. The Trainer will leverage strengths-based methods to build and foster client confidence to achieve successful outcomes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Facilitates, delivers, and manages training that prepares clients for career opportunities; including development of individual job search strategies, resume creation and interviewing training
- Executes socio-emotional training in a way that unlocks the potential of adult students, while recognizing the complexity and difficulty of their individual backgrounds
- Assesses the effectiveness of curriculum and fosters innovative ideas
- Monitors internal retention
- Evaluates clients send-out eligibility (SOE) based on observation of teamwork, communication, time management, conflict management and professionalism
- Ensures advanced preparation for weekly training to include making photocopies, updating curriculum content and room set-up
- Manages client which includes attendance, capacity and flow throughout the facility
- Communicates with other departments of all client challenges requiring personal support
- Incorporates transformation concepts into all training
- Holds clients accountable for delivering quality assignments and achieving weekly goals
- Facilitates morning “Motivations”
- Tracks and enters data that aligns with the department goals
- Collaborates with external training sources to increase client learning
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong desire to work in a Christian ministry and passion for serving those experiencing homelessness
- Strong computer literacy in MS Office with concentration in Excel and PowerPoint, Salesforce experience preferred
- Strong project management skills and the ability to organize, multitask and prioritize a heavy workload
- High energy and able to engage a large group of adult learners for extended periods of time
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Strong work ethic and business acumen with ability to excel in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment.
- Gifted communicator with strong empathy, and the ability to quickly engage with diverse groups of people.
- Ability to read a classroom and assess student comprehension, while using diverse, innovative, and effective adult learning techniques
- Ability to engage varying education levels and present curriculum to address all learning styles
- Ability to adapt presentation when needed to meet needs of participants
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3 years of professional experience
- Demonstrated work history of resourcefulness and problem solving
- Experience working with an economically disadvantaged population, ideally in a coaching capacity
- 2 or more years of experience providing group instruction or in delivering curriculum
- Experience working in for-profit sector
CERTIFICATION OR LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: None
SUPERVISORY REQUIREMENTS: None
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have ability to remain standing for extended periods of time
- Must have the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing, sitting and/or walking)
- Must have the ability to constantly operate a computer and other office equipment, such as a copy machine, calculator and computer printer
- Must be able to communicate accurate information
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50lbs
- Must have the ability to identify and distinguish colors, to adjust focus and maintain close and distance vision
ENVIORNMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions during events
- Occasionally exposed to environmental fumes from plants near work location
- Moderate noise as in a business office environment
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS: (OPTIONAL SECTION: ANY TRAVEL, SECURITY, RISK, HAZARD OR RELATED SPECIAL CONDITION WHICH APPLY TO THE POSITION)
- Travel to Chicago for training with Cara Chicago during the first 3 weeks on the job
- Grow in Christ: I will share my faith, grow and help others by practicing spiritual disciplines and being part of a local church.
- Live with Godly Character: I will seek godliness to characterize my work and relationships.
- Lead with Humility and Courage: Following Christ, I will seek to lead others by humbly and courageously serving.
- Respect each individual: Because every person was made in God’s image, I seek to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
- Pursue Excellence: I seek to be a good steward, continuously learning and improving by God’s power and to His honor.
- Value the Team: I value all stakeholders, seeking to achieve much together.
- Practice Grace: I extend and receive grace and grow with my team.