Major Gifts Manager
6 days left
- Experience Level
The Major Gifts Manager will be responsible for identifying, cultivating relationships, and soliciting prospective mid-level gift donors. This involves researching prospects and developing effective solicitation strategies as well as stewarding donors throughout the giving process. The major gift manager will compile this information in a donor portfolio of 120 donors/prospects.
The MGM will have a thorough background in fundraising best practices and donor databases for managing donor and solicitation records. S/He reports to the Director of Major Gifts and has a close working relationship with other staff. This is a full-time position.
- Identify, cultivate, and solicit current donors and prospects with the capacity to make gifts in the $1,000 - $5,000 range.
- Develop a donor cultivation and solicitation strategy for prospects in your portfolio.
- Growing relationships with your portfolio donors.
- Support the Director of Major Gifts.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the Director of Major Gifts regarding messaging and solicitation activities with donors and prospects.
- Produce reports as needed.
- Work with other staff to plan and coordinate events as needed to accomplish fundraising goals.
- Work with the Annual Giving Manager to develop upgrade strategies.
In addition, you will be responsible for:
- Call and email major gift donors on a regular basis.
- Research major gift donor prospects and produce donor briefs.
- Drafting major gift proposal documents.
Sempervirens believes that each employee makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities. Therefore, this position description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the incumbent nor the organization to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each employee will offer his/her services wherever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavors.
- Five years of fundraising experience.
- Two years of personal solicitations experience.
- A proven track record of fundraising accomplishments.
- Experience with prospect research and donor databases (Raiser’s Edge is a plus).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A sense of humor.
Sempervirens Fund is proud to offer a competitive salary and a generous, comprehensive package of health, dental, and retirement benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
HOW TO APPLY
Sempervirens Fund is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage people from a diversity of backgrounds to apply. Interested candidates can send their cover letter, outlining their qualifications, and resume (as a single PDF) to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 31, 2019 with “Name – Major Gifts Manager” in the subject line. Thank you.