- Experience Level
About the Organization
The Pisces Foundation believes if we act now and boldly, we can quickly accelerate to a world where people and nature thrive together. We support innovators who know what it takes and are doing what’s necessary to have clean water, a safe climate, and kids with the environmental know-how to create a sustainable world. By mainstreaming powerful new solutions, we will spark immediate gains and lasting benefits for people and nature.
To learn more about Pisces' work and collaborations, visit: http://piscesfoundation.org/
We are seeking a collaborative, solutions-oriented self-starter to join our mission-driven team as Operations Associate. The Operations Associate straddles human resource and accounting functions playing a critical role in providing payroll, benefits, and finance support to the Foundation. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
Payroll and Benefits Administration: Executes accurate and timely semi-monthly payroll including salary changes, new hires, and exits. Maintain employee accrued vacation, sick, and personal days. Answer employee inquiries about payroll, benefits. Review 403(b) (retirement) benefit reports to ensure accuracy. Prepare annual 403b and workers compensation census and work with vendors to ensure compliance with Federal regulations. Review invoices from insurance carriers for accuracy. Respond to salary and benefit surveys.
Other HR: Support communications with staff and compensation benchmarking, track performance management process, draft new hire letters. Enhance and execute new hire and exit checklists. Maintain and enhance procedures for employee, benefits, policies, and payroll files.
Budget Support, Analysis, and Financial Compliance: Support budget development, monitor budget, draft financial reports and presentations for executives and trustees. Support 990 tax filing and audit. Draft contracts, facilitate contract approvals and payments. Work collaboratively with internal and external partners.
Research, Analysis, and Synthesis: Conducts research as directed by Chief Operating Officer on compensation, benefits, policies, and practices to advance and stay apprised of trends and best practices.
Foundation Support: Contribute to Foundation operations by working with colleagues on board meeting preparation, staff committees, organization development (contacts and mailing lists, teambuilding, recruiting/training). Execute special projects as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant professional experience. Payroll experience preferred.
- Excellent organization skills, strict attention to detail, accuracy, follow-through and commitment to high-quality work. Comfort with strict confidentiality.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability and desire to help create a thought-leading, world-class philanthropy.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and effectively in meetings, over email, and through formal work products and presentations.
- Ability to represent the Foundation and build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, family office, vendors with a professional, courteous, and tactful manner.
- Self-starter; highly motivated and resourceful team-player. Comfortable with ambiguity and the ability to work through solutions when there is no obvious path.
- Strong judgment. Demonstrated ability to think and work independently and effectively plan, prioritize, follow through, and track multiple work streams under deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Flexibility, emotional intelligence, positive attitude, enthusiasm, willingness to help others, and a sense of humor. Highly skilled in Microsoft Office Suite—Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook—and ease with databases.
- Interest, comfort, and strength working in a small, dynamic organization.
- Passion for the Pisces Foundation’s mission.
Pisces Foundation offers an excellent benefits package and a competitive salary that is commensurate with experience.
How to apply:
Applicants should send a cover letter, resume, and relevant writing sample combined as a single document in PDF format to: Carol Ting at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate in the subject line, “OPERATIONS ASSOCIATE.”
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
See http://www.piscesfoundation.org/ for more information on the Foundation.
We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds and with a variety of skills, experiences, and ideas. We are an equal opportunity employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.