Executive Director - Zero Breast Cancer
6 days left
- Experience Level
Envision a world with Zero Breast Cancer! Lead an organization seeking to prevent breast cancer at all ages and stages of life!
Zero Breast Cancer is looking for an experienced individual who will carry out their mission and convey ZBC’s vision. The ideal candidate is a strong leader, who possess a full scope of organizational and business skills including strategic planning, team management, operations, community outreach / marketing and fundraising. Are you a seasoned organization leader with a passion for health education and cancer prevention?
Zero Breast Cancer is a partner to the scientific and healthcare communities seeking to understand and minimize breast cancer risk factors in our physical and social environments. Through our various channels of communications and partnerships, we help people of all ages understand ways to reduce risk of breast cancer. Please visit www.zerobreastcancer.org to learn more.
Leadership & Management:
- Provide leadership in developing program, organizational and financial plans with the Board of Directors and staff; carry out plans and policies including engagement with volunteers, funders, and partners.
- Engage and manage ZBCs core professional staff through recruiting, mentoring and inspiring the team; partner with and retain specialized contractor resources.
Communications & Outreach:
- Connect agencies, organizations, and the general public to ZBC’s programs and information.
- Publicize the activities of the organization, its programs and goals through marketing materials: mailers, email newsletters and annual reports.
- Manage web presence / updates and maximize use of other digital channels.
- Establish and enhance sound working relationships and cooperative arrangements with community groups and organizations.
- Develop and implement ZBC’s annual fundraising plan; engage and leverage board members talent throughout the process.
- Cultivate financial support from individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising.
- Create and execute a strategy for a large sustained base of annual individual donors.
- Oversee production and organization of special events; strategically work with primary funders and partners.
Budget & Finance:
- Responsible for developing and maintaining sound financial practices.
- Work with the staff, Finance Committee, and the board in preparing a budget; ensure that the organization operate within budget guidelines.
- Maintain sound financial practices; prepare for annual audit.
- Strong commitment to the mission of Zero Breast Cancer
- BA/BS or comparable experience in related field, e.g., Nonprofit Management, Public Policy, Public Health, Human Services, Business Administration or equivalent; graduate degree is a plus
- At least 5 years of career leadership experience and management success in a non-profit environment; preferably public health, science or other similar disciplines
- Successful fundraising experience and financial budgeting
- Experience working with board of directors, local government agencies, educators, businesses, and community-based organizations; easily relates to a wide range of constituencies
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to positively influence others, negotiate and resolve conflicts
- Human resource management skills, including hiring, development, and performance management; inspires and supports staff; nurtures a work culture that values collaboration
- Excellent organizational and project management skills- strategic and tactical
- Experience in digital marketing, social media, web site management, communications, Cloud-based IT and fundraising software
- Occasional weekend and evening responsibilities
- Bilingual; Spanish is a plus
If this is a match and is exciting to you, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to: ZBCCareers@gmail.com; please put "Executive Director" in the subject line of your e-mail.
Zero Breast Cancer is an an Equal Opportunity Employer