Senior Manager, Investor Network
- Degree Level
Senior Manager, Investor Network
Ceres is a sustainability nonprofit organization leading the most influential investors and companies to build leadership and drive solutions throughout the economy. Through powerful networks and advocacy, Ceres tackle the world’s biggest sustainability challenges, including climate change, water scarcity and pollution, and human rights abuses.
For more information about Ceres, please visit our web site (www.ceres.org).
Description & Responsibilities
The Senior Manager plays a key relationship management role on the Investor Network. The Ceres Investor Network on Climate Risk and Sustainability is a group of more than 163 leading institutional investors with collective assets under management of over $25.4 trillion. We are looking for candidates with strong organization skills, relationship management skills and understanding of U.S. institutional investment finance markets. The Ceres Investor Network is specifically looking for someone that will coordinate and organize our recruitment, relationship management, and retention of investors on the East Coast. This full-time position is based in Boston, and reports to the Senior Program Director, Investor Network.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Manage the Investor Network:
- Under the direction of the Senior Program Director, Investor Network, manage operations, recruitment and member services for the Ceres Investor Network, with goal of engaging, retaining and providing value to members.
- Recruit new members to the Ceres Investor Network who will support Ceres programmatic goals.
- Develop a prospect list for new Investor Network members with the Investor Team and manage investor recruitment process, to achieve annually established goals for growing the Investor Network.
- Conduct annual evaluation of Investor Network member experience; solicit and analyze Investor Network member feedback on member activities, opportunities and services
- Monitor activities of and coordination/collaboration with other investor groups (e.g., PRI, CDP, UNEP FI)
- Oversee Investor Network member dues.
- Assist with training and supervising investor team assistants and/or associates and interns.
Support Ceres Investor Network Members
- As a relationship manager, develop and support, strategic plans for priority members, ensuring that the members are leaders in integrating ESG into their investment processes, engaging in climate, water, sustainable food and other of Ceres policy priorities, engaging with the companies in their portfolios, and moving money towards low carbon and clean energy investments.
- Stay current with members’ priorities and support them with research, peer learning opportunities, and best practice examples of sustainable investing, corporate engagement and shareholder resolutions.
- Attend asset owner board meetings.
- Attend and participate in key west coast investor meetings and events.
- Track Investor Network member progress and impact on sustainable investment metrics including implementation of 21st Century Investor Blueprint steps, new investment commitments, and participation in Ceres working groups utilizing the Ceres Salesforce platform.
Support Ceres programmatic priorities with Investor Members
- Serve as a relationship manager with a group of asset owners and asset managers, to engage them in all aspects of Ceres investor work.
- Coordinate planning and logistics of Investor Network meetings and events and interface with other Ceres programs and staff on same.
- Monitor and coordinate outreach to Investor Network members by other Ceres’ staff members.
- Support investor team project work with Investor Network members and fundraising proposal development on an as needed basis.
- Manage, review and update investor content on Ceres website, working closely with other program staff.
- Participate in team’s organization of Ceres Conference and Summit sessions, with special focus on investor engagement.
Build Ceres brand and participate in California Office priorities.
- Make public presentations at investor conferences on ESG integration issues, low carbon/clean energy investment opportunities, Ceres policy priorities or other special topics of interest to Ceres and Investor Network members.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Graduate degree in business, finance, economics, or sustainability related fields preferred.
- Seven years of work experience, preferably direct experience working in investment or nonprofit sectors on sustainability (ESG)-related issues.
- An understanding of financial markets and investment firms, financial institutions, or institutional investors.
- Demonstrated experience with relationship management.
- Strong writing and research skills.
- Effective presentation style and excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Sound judgment, sensitivity to diverse constituencies, excellent interpersonal skills, strong initiative and motivation.
- Successful record of organizing multiple projects and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to work in a not-for-profit, advocacy-focused organization.
- Willingness to travel as needed to accomplish duties noted above.
- Proficient with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, database, and e-mail computer applications.
- Interest and willingness to be trained on specific applications necessary for work: ReadyTalk, Salesforce, listserv program, etc.
How to Apply
We encourage all applicants to review our website to familiarize themselves with Ceres before applying: www.ceres.org. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter, two writing samples, and a list of three references, as well as complete the additional information as instructed.
Ceres is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against any individual based on race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law.