Regional Assistant, Tri-State/PA
6 days left
- Experience Level
Position: Regional Assistant, Tri-State/PA
Position: Regional Assistant, Tri-State/PA
Reports to: Regional Director, Tri-State/PA
Location: New York, NY
Start date: Immediately
Do you want to work at the intersection of politics, Middle East policy, the Jewish community and fundraising? Are you interested in joining a rapidly expanding organization that is changing the way people think and talk about Israel and U.S. Middle East policy?
J Street seeks a new professional to be our Tri-State/PA Regional Assistant (RA). S/He should be a highly organized self-starter who thrives on hitting ambitious goals to help J Street expand its political and communal footprint in the Tri-State area and Pennsylvania.
The RA will be a key partner in creating and executing a plan that grows the organization’s leadership ranks, raises operating and political funds and advances the pro-Israel, pro-peace agenda in the American policy and Jewish communal arenas.
The RA is the crucial supporting member of a dynamic 4 person team based out of our NYC office. Specific responsibilities of this position include:
General systems support:
- Maintain regional data so it is accurate, current and stored appropriately;
- Create and manage systems for facilitating regional work flows to ensure we hit our annual goals;
- Keep strategic plans up to date so next steps are clear for members of the team;
- Prepare briefing materials for staff and speaker meetings and events; and
- Help plan and run events.
- Work with the Regional Director to create an annual development strategy;
- Research and identify new financial prospects of $1,800 and greater, and train and manage interns to do this as well;
- Help to plan and implement high-impact donor and prospect events in the region that both raise new funds and expand J Street’s network of leaders;
- Track the team’s donor engagement;
- Draft, edit and prepare donor outreach materials for team use.
- Work with the Regional Director to create a political fundraising strategy each election cycle;
- Help to plan and implement political fundraisers for endorsed candidates to reach political fundraising goals;
- Help to organize meetings between lay-leadership and candidates running for Congress.
- Play a supporting role in building and maintaining a strong political advocacy structure in the region to effectively advocate at the grass-tops level on issues relating to Israel and the Middle East;
- Help to organize in-district meetings between lay-leadership and local members of Congress.
- Help to ensure strong local representation in public forums;
- Support communication with rabbis and synagogues, providing them with J Street resources;
- Support community events in regional synagogues.
Required and Desired Skills and Characteristics
Applicants should have the following required skills:
- A strong commitment to J Street’s mission, including:
- Support for a secure, Jewish and democratic future for Israel, and
- Advocating an active U.S. leadership role to help achieve a two-state solution;
- Highly organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and work independently as well as in a team;
- Ability to clearly communicate--superb communication skills at large – written and verbal;
- Comfort with technology, Excel, data management and online communications;
- A positive attitude; and
- 0-4 years of work experience.
Additional desired qualifications include:
- Background in fundraising and development work;
- Event planning experience;
- Background on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and understanding of how the conflict plays out in American politics;
- A savvy approach to politics, including an understanding of how to generate influence with members of Congress and candidates for federal office; and
- Experience in community or political organizing (including campus organizing).
More about J Street
J Street is the political home for pro-Israel, pro-peace Americans working for the future of Israel as the democratic homeland of the Jewish people. The organization believes that preserving Israel’s Jewish and democratic character depends on achieving a two-state solution, resulting in a Palestinian state living alongside Israel in peace and security.
Launched in 2008 with four staff and a limited budget, J Street is now an over $9 million organization with a national staff of more than 60. The organization is headquartered in Washington, DC, employing staff in 6 cities including Boston, Chicago, Los Angeles, New York, Oakland, and Tel Aviv.
J Street focuses its work in three main areas: (1) Advocating and demonstrating support for pro-Israel, pro-peace policies in Congress, the media and the Jewish community; (2) Endorsing and raising money for federal candidates who share J Street’s agenda; and (3) Educating the public and raising awareness of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict and the two-state solution.
Compensation and Hours
Salary for this full-time, junior-level position will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Hours and duties may fluctuate based on J Street event and staff travel schedules. Benefits include paid vacation and sick leave, paid time off on federal and Jewish holidays, health and dental insurance, company paid life insurance, 401k and flexible spending account.
To Apply for the Position
Interested candidates should apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Tri-State/PA Regional Assistant” in the subject line. Applications should include:
- Cover letter that explains why you are interested and qualified
- List of three references
- Where you learned about this position
J Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical International / Foreign Affairs $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in New York City
- Advocacy / Lobbying International / Foreign Affairs $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in New York City
- Development / Fundraising International / Foreign Affairs $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in New York City
- Public Policy / Administration International / Foreign Affairs $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in New York City