Support Services Manager
- Degree Level
About the Position:
We're looking for a compassionate Support Services Manager who is ready to make a difference in the lives of low-income adults living in the Tenderloin. Tenderloin Housing Clinic follows a "Housing First" model. Our Support Services staff plays a critical role in keeping tenants housed by working on-site directly with tenants, many of whom are dually-diagnosed.
The Support Services Manager is responsible for the overall provision of effective case management services to formerly homeless single adults. This position oversees, supervises, leads, and coordinates supportive services provided by Tenderloin Housing Clinic's (THC) Case Managers located in Single Room Occupancy (SRO) residential hotels in San Francisco, in accordance with THC's Mission, Core Values, and Customer Service Philosophy.
The Support Services Staff provides the following services:
-Intake & Assessment
-Mediation with Property Management
-Organized Tenant Activities
- Set expectations for and oversee the quality of case management services provided to tenants, including innovative approaches to work with hard-to-engage tenants.
- Empower Case Managers through support and skill development to provide quality services to a high-needs clientele.
- Review all pending eviction cases and provide recommendations on how to proceed.
- Work closely with Case Managers to develop intervention and engagement strategies to ensure high quality, supportive, caring interactions with tenants.
- Provide oversight to the development and coordination of client services and community events provided by the Support Services Department.
- Act as an advisor and decision-maker for logistical matters and case questions.
- Support and facilitate a cooperative teamwork-oriented relationship with Property Management and Housing Services staff.
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience providing services, preferably case management services, to diverse, low-income, homeless or formerly homeless population.
- Must have a minimum of 1 year of experience training and supervising staff, or must have 2 years of experience providing case management services with demonstrated high levels of proficiency.
- Must have knowledge of San Francisco landlord-tenant law and terms of tenancy.
- Must have experience working with clients with mental health and substance use issues.
- Must have an understanding of a Harm Reduction model.
- Must have the ability to travel throughout San Francisco on a daily basis.
- Must pass all post-contingency offer background checks, reference checks, and TB screening clearances.
- Experience working in non-profit or public sector strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of San Francisco resources for homeless and formerly homeless adults strongly preferred.
THC offers a comprehensive benefits program including medical, dental, and vision insurance for full-time employees and their eligible spouse/children, as well as a 403b plan, flexible spending accounts, life insurance, long-term disability, 12 paid vacation and 12 sick days, 11 paid holidays and 4 floating holidays annually.
*To express interest in this opportunity, please follow this link: https://www.thclinic.org/careers/details.php?128
Tenderloin Housing Clinic is proud of its diverse workforce and proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.