Director of Development
- Experience Level
Would you like to have meaningful work with an employer that values work-life balance, and colleagues that are all-in, big hearted and solution focused? If so, then SFBFS might be the employer for you!
Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services (SFBFS) welcomes people of all backgrounds and circumstances, providing a judgement-free zone for individuals and families throughout Sacramento County. A staff of more than 80 and several thousand volunteers take our mission of fighting food insecurity one step further by offering education and support for families wanting to shape their best tomorrow. More information is available at www.sacramentofoodbank.org.
The Director of Development is responsible for leading Sacramento Food Bank & Family Services’ (SFBFS) contributed revenue program and fundraising efforts. The Director of Development will focus on strategically growing contributed revenue, building the major gifts program and deepening community engagement. The Development Director leads the development team and works closely with the President/CEO. The Director of Development works with the VP of Communications & Marketing to manage strategic communications planning, marketing, public relations as it relates to fundraising efforts.
The Director of Development will:
- Develop a comprehensive, strategic plan for growing contributed revenue
- Create an annual plan that identifies strategies and tactics for increasing giving, providing effective donor stewardship, increasing donor retention, attracting new donors and deepening community engagement
- Oversee the implementation of the development program, including major gifts and legacy giving, foundations, corporations, special events, digital fundraising and direct mail
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors (individuals, foundations and corporations)
- Work with the VP of Communications and President to ensure an integrated approach to development and communications
- Develop metrics to guide the development team in analyzing the effectiveness of fund raising strategies, activities and tactics
- Ensure that the development department maintains high standards for donor engagement, development systems and procedures and performs its work with the highest level of ethics and integrity
- Supervise the Annual Fund Manager and assist with guiding workflow and training
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in communications, marketing, business or related fields
- Prior experience with Major Gifts is required
- Visionary and creative leadership in development with an outstanding record of accomplishment
- 5+ years knowledge and best practices in all key areas of development
- Superior analytic, strategic and organizational skills, coupled with integrity, judgment and discretion
- Ability to manage and partner with high-level fund raising volunteers
- Full-time, exempt position; Monday - Friday; occasional weekends and holidays as needed
- SFBFS’ Family Services campus, w/ frequent travel to Food Bank Services campus; comprehensive benefits including medical/dental/vision/life/AD&D/LTD/retirement and more
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must submit resume, cover letter, SFBFS ’ employment application (found here: www.sacramentofoodbank.org/employment) which should include three professional references for consideration. No phone calls please.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Human Services $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Direct Service / Social Service Human Services $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Event Planning Human Services $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Sacramento
- Executive / Senior Management Human Services $100,000 & up Full Time jobs in Sacramento