Major Gifts Campaign Consultant
- Experience Level
The Center on Policy Initiatives is now accepting proposals for the development and execution of a robust major gift fundraising program.
The Center on Policy Initiatives (www.cpisandiego.org) is a research and action institute dedicated to creating economic prosperity, sustainable communities and a healthy environment for all. CPI serves a unique role in the San Diego region providing the analysis, policy solutions, education and alliances that advance social and economic justice.
Scope of Work & Deliverables
- Develop and execute, in conjunction with the CPI development team, a major gifts campaign to raise $250,000 in its first year and build a robust major donor program.
- Develop and implement cultivation strategies for prospective donors.
- Conduct and guide strategic research to create a list of top prospects.
- Work with team to develop pitch kits for donors.
- 3 or more years fundraising experience with focus on individual donors. Relevant experience with family foundations, political action committees, corporate giving, etc. will also be considered.
- Demonstrated successful experience in personal solicitation of five-figure contributions from individuals.
- Successful experience in moves management and engagement strategies.
- Knowledge of, and connections in, the social justice philanthropic community in, but not limited to, the San Diego region.
- Experience with prospect research.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and effective with diverse groups and audiences.
- Strong commitment to racial and gender equity.
- Respect for confidentiality of donor information.
This is currently a One Year contract, with the opportunity to renew based upon an evaluation of progress towards deliverables.
Interested parties should submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter that describes your interest, skills and experience meet the qualifications for this position.
- Proposed methodology and timeline with key milestones, based on an April 2019 start date.
- Resume or CV that includes a summary of projects completed with dollar amounts raised.
- Preliminary cost estimates.
- 3 references who can speak to relevant experience, especially with major gifts.
Interested parties are encouraged to submit proposals as soon as possible. Submissions will be reviewed on a rolling basis until filled. No phone calls, please.