ALEF Fund Manager
3 days left
- Experience Level
POSITION TITLE: ALEF Fund Coordinator DEPARTMENT: ALEF Fund
CATEGORY: Full-time, non-exempt REPORTS TO: ALEF Fund Manager
PRINCIPAL FUNCTION: The ALEF Fund Coordinator provides support to the ALEF Fund Manager, planning and organizing a diversified workload to facilitate the operations of the ALEF Fund. The ALEF Fund provides scholarships to pre-k, kindergarten, primary or secondary public school students who wish to attend participating Jewish preschools, day schools and high schools.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review and process scholarships from schools
- Verify accuracy and process applications from donor pledges
- Responsible for financial reconciliation of pledges
- Manage multiple databases on an ongoing basis
- Serve as the primary contact to respond to and resolve complex administrative issues pertaining to donors
- Perform a variety of administrative/office support tasks; including answering telephones, filing copying, data entry, and typing
- Coordinate and work with the Marketing Department to create and implement marketing strategies, annual marketing calendar, social media campaigns and send E-blasts.
- Troubleshoot issues for contributors and schools
- Work with GA Dept. of Revenue on applications submissions, tax filing, and funding process
- Communicate, verbally and in writing, on a timely basis with school and state personnel on fundraising and scholarship issues
- Communicate, verbally and in writing, on a timely basis with contributors as needed
- Troubleshoot issues for contributors and schools; assist in resolving administrative discrepancies
- Assist in the coordination of ALEF Fund meetings, preparing correspondence, and other materials as needed
- Work with JFGA staff (accounting, management, A/R, A/P) to ensure timely processing of transactions and financial reporting for ALEF Fund
- Promote the mission of ALEF Fund at all times through superior customer service to all and through the efficient use and care of all resources
STATUS AND SCOPE: No supervisory responsibility. Interacts with Federation staff, community members and multiple agency professional staff.
The above job duties and responsibilities describe the general nature and level of work for employees in this position, but this is not intended as an exclusive or all-inclusive inventory of all duties required of employees in this job.
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required. Must have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook and Publisher. Must be able to learn database programs used and meticulously track and analyze data. Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, and customer services skills. Experience in customer service or community relations and data base management highly desirable. Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to multitask required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Minimal physical effort required with intermittent standing and walking and prolonged periods of sitting in meetings or at desk working with computer.
*Jewish Federation of Greater Atlanta is an equal opportunity employer.