School Partner Program Senior Coordinator
- Experience Level
We’re looking for a Senior Coordinator for our School Partner Program
What will you do? Our High School and Bridge Programs (HSB) provide a continuum of vocational and employment services for youth ages 14-24 with barriers to employment. Key partners include San Francisco Unified School District (SFUSD), City College of San Francisco, local employers, and the S.F. Department of Children, Youth, and Their Families (DCYF) HSB serves approximately 500 youth each year across 15 sites. You will be responsible for coordinating JVS’s embedded program at one of JVS’s two School Partner sites (O’Connell High School) providing vocational training, employment and transition services.
What do we need from our applicants? A passion for the JVS mission, and:
- Excellent presentation, public speaking and group facilitation skills
- Excellent customer service; anticipates client/employer needs and resolves issues with diplomacy
- Ability to maintain and build on existing relationships at schools and on the HSB team
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with attention to detail, ability to meet deadlines/goals
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, and manage multiple projects in a very fast-paced, performance-oriented environment
- Proficiency working with Microsoft, Salesforce and Google Drive
- Five years plus experience working in support of youth in employment or education settings
- Minimum of three years of experience of classroom instruction with youth from diverse backgrounds
- Experience in educational and/or workplace settings developing college/career readiness skills
It would also be great if you have experience with:
- Experience working in collaboration with educational institutions and other community partners
- Designing programs and creating relevant curriculum appropriate for youth and employers with wide range of learning styles in order to advance college and career goals of youth with disabilities
- Organizing events and large scale activities with multiple partners
- Coaching and supporting students while using youth development practices
- Google drive, Dropbox and Salesforce
- SF Unified School District and internship programing
- BA/BS in a related field preferred
Compensation/Benefits: Range for this exempt position starts at 63K/year, and may go up based on experience. Eligible for benefits which include: medical, dental vision, retirement plan, 4 weeks’ vacation (plus sick leave), most federal, Jewish holidays.
Want to Apply? Please email cover letter and resume to email@example.com; please use School Partner Senior Coordinator in the subject line. Principals only, no phone calls, please.
JVS is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ethnic background, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, national origin or disabilities. We welcome diverse applicants. Please let us know if you need accommodations or auxiliary aids for the interview process.
Who are we? Founded in 1973, Jewish Vocational Service (JVS) transforms lives by helping people build skills and find jobs to achieve self-sufficiency. JVS is a non-sectarian, not-for-profit organization. For more information about the agency, and a full job description for this position, please visit our website at jvs.org.