Community Access Operations Coordinator
3 days left
- Experience Level
Jewish Family & Career Services of Atlanta (JF&CS) provides health, career and human services to support and enhance the well-being of individuals and families across all ages, faiths, cultures and lifestyles. Its more than 30 programs serve a variety of populations, including children, teens, parents and older adults. JF&CS is now seeking a Community Access Operations Coordinator.
**Please submit Cover letter/ Letter of Interest with Resume**
Purpose: Provides community and life skills learning experiences for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities through program and curriculum development, implementation, and oversight within a Community Access Group service. The Community Access Operations Coordinator will work with the program manager to provide learning experiences for participants including development of differentiated curricula and related data collection and documentation on individual progress. The Community Access Operations Coordinator will also be responsible for a variety of administrative tasks that are vital to the success of CAG services; these responsibilities include documentation management, leading annual client meetings, coordinating volunteer programming, financial management, and more. The Community Access Operations Coordinator will establish and maintain positive working relationships with families, and build contacts and relationships with community service providers, volunteers and schools.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of community and life skills instruction and related support activities Assist with general oversight of Community Access Group (CAG) Program, including monitoring of budget, purchasing of needed supplies, client intake, orientation and assessment; primary contact when CAG Program Manager is away
- Develop daily and weekly schedule of curriculum-based, differentiated activities
- Participate in hiring, orienting, and ensuring ongoing training for Team Leads, Direct Support Professionals (DSP), and other program staff on how to effectively implement curriculum-based activities
- Provide oversight of daily DSP case notes
- Participate in client recruitment and marketing efforts to support and build program
- Communicate regularly with clients and their families
- Regularly communicate with Residential Program Manager and other division staff regarding mutual clients
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal, state and DBHDD policies affecting the program; attend provider meetings; maintain working knowledge of best practices
- Develop and maintain service contracts with State, private and community funding sources; ensure agency annual Service Agreements are signed by client/guardian and are on file
- Serve as primary liaison for volunteer opportunities and programming
- Work with DBHDD related staff on required ISP documentation
- Provide direct service and support for program participants when needed, including providing transportation, staffing a shift, and other duties as necessary
- Collect and record daily activity data and client progress
- Ensure high-quality programming and service delivery
- All other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Supervisory experience desired
- Strong ability to prioritize, delegate and to ask for help when needed.
- Ability to work independently, take initiative and to be flexible.
- Ability to work as a member of a team, accepting constructive criticism and providing feedback as needed.
- General Knowledge or principles and techniques for placement of persons with disabilities in the competitive labor market, desired
- Knowledge of the American's with Disabilities Act, public speaking skills and networking with professionals in various fields of private industry and governmental agencies, desired.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in social services or related field and 2 years’ experience
- Experience working with individuals with developmental disabilities
- Experience in day/vocational services, preferred
- At least 2 years in management/supervising staff