Director of Marketing
- Experience Level
Come join one of the oldest continuously operating non-profits in the U.S. We provide interest-free loans for higher education to Jewish students in need. Students must be from the five-state region of Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Virginia (excluding metro DC) but can attend the accredited U.S. university of their choice. JELF’s loans are considered “last dollar,” providing the final funds that a student needs to attend school. JELF loans can be used for undergraduate, graduate, professional and/or vocational school. Since 1961, JELF has provided 4,000+ interest-free loans totaling over $13 million.
JELF is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite you to learn more about our unique history and the important work we do at jelf.org.
Director of Marketing:
We are seeking a talented marketing and digital content creator to join our dynamic team! We are looking to hire a high-energy individual who can help us tell our story through powerful, strategically-placed content. The Director of Marketing will be the “go-to person” to enhance and shape JELF’s brand through multiple online engagement channels. This new staff role requires experience with SEO and the ability to help design impactful digital content. Must demonstrate ability to manage large-scale marketing project with high attention to detail in fast-paced non-profit environment.
The Director of Marketing will:
- Craft JELF’s digital marketing strategy and execute campaigns that reach a variety of target audiences.
- Optimize JELF’s web and social media presence, including SEO and effective user segmenting
- Create and maintain a user-friendly marketing database to manage contacts in support of digital marketing strategy.
- Design and implement advertising content that promotes JELF’s mission in both digital and print formats.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Proven track record as a digital marketing expert, with clear background and knowledge of digital marketing channels and social media platforms.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Experience with Google Analytics and/or comparable analytics platforms.
- Well-versed in Facebook advertising and Google AdWords certified.
- Superior organizational skills, including planning, time management, flexibility/adaptability and prioritization.
- Ability to manage multiple projects within the context of shifting priorities and ambitious deadlines.
- Demonstrated success establishing and managing an organizational brand.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and willingness to learn and utilize other software programs as-needed. Experience using Adobe Creative Suite applications, Canva and/or Salesforce-based applications a plus.
- Familiarity with the organized Jewish communal world a plus.
- Familiarity with the college application and financial aid processes a plus.
- Ability to use the utmost discretion and protect the confidentiality of JELF information and the personal information of students and their families at all times.
- Minimum 5 years related professional experience and proven track record in digital marketing and communications.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
In addition to the Director of Marketing duties and responsibilities, this individual is expected to:
- Demonstrate a passion for JELF’s mission.
- Participate in development and execution of JELF special events, including major fundraising events and meetings.
- Be a team player, responding to JELF co-workers and volunteers for special JELF-related requests or assistance.
- Work occasional nights and weekends (not Shabbat).
- Travel on a limited basis.