Fundraising Major Gifts Officer
- Willingness to Travel
- 25 - 50%
Do you have 3-5 years’ experience related to outside territory sales, public relations, fundraising, philanthropy, alumni affairs, insurance, ministry or financial services? Are looking for a fulfilling new career path? Would you like to work for one of the largest Christian organizations in the world? This opportunity might be just what you are looking for!
The Salvation Army Kentucky/Tennessee Division has an opening for a “Major Gifts Regional Officer” in the eastern Tennessee/Kentucky area.
The Salvation Army operates in communities across the United States. We are committed to meeting human needs wherever we can by providing food distribution, disaster relief, rehabilitation centers, anti-human trafficking efforts, housing for homeless, basic needs assistance, children’s programs and many other programs.
This fundraising development position will:
- Raise funds to enable the Mission of The Salvation Army by aggressively developing and nurturing current and prospective donors including individuals, foundations and corporations.
- Respond to inquiries and communicate with donors, advisory organization members, Salvation Army staff and Officers
- Be responsible for designing, revising, and implementing a giving plan for every donor in their portfolio in order to reach an annual production goal
- Travel often (some overnight) to meet with donors throughout the assigned territory of Eastern TN and KY (Territory includes Knoxville, Chattanooga, Kingsport, Johnson City, Bristol, Chattanooga, Cookeville, Crossville in TN and Richmond, Middlesboro, Ashland, in KY)
The successful Major Gifts candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university is required
- Three years of experience performing related fundraising, marketing and/or sales work
- Ability to research, solicit, and secure funds from individual, corporate, and foundation relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience developing relationships with the expressed purpose of causing a prescribed action outcome
- Ability to maintain accurate and up-to-date donor records (salesforce, donor perfect or any CRM)
The Salvation Army recognizes that peace of mind is important to our employees and their families. Because of this, we offer a competitive salary, full health, dental and life insurance coverage, retirement, professional development, reimbursed travel expenses, and paid time off!
Although this position has a work from home office, the incumbent must live in the travel area.
For consideration please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Candidates should recognize that The Salvation Army is a Church and agree that they will do nothing as an employee of The Salvation Army to undermine its religious mission.