- Experience Level
President/CEO Job Opening
SAFE Homes-Rape Crisis Coalition (SHRCC) is a private, non-profit organization providing multi-faceted assistance programs to victims of domestic violence in Spartanburg, Cherokee, and Union Counties, and victims of sexual assault in Spartanburg and Cherokee Counties. The agency provides comprehensive services that include: 24-hour crisis line, victim advocacy, emergency shelter, court advocacy, education/prevention programs, support groups and individual therapy for adult and child victims. For more information, please visit http://shrcc.org/
The President/CEO is responsible for the overall management and administration of the organization, to include personnel, fundraising, communication, fiscal management, board support, community education, development of collaborative partnerships, and program design, implementation & evaluation.
SHRCC is searching for a new President/CEO. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to lead and manage a nonprofit organization that seeks to address the impact of domestic and sexual violence by providing quality services to those affected and to create social change through education, training, and activism. The successful candidate will possess the following leadership competencies:
- Demonstrated successful fund raising expertise. It is critical for the future of SHRCC that funding is secure; strengthening relationships, cultivating new sources of revenue, fund solicitation to include grant and proposal writing, and donor stewardship will all help assure this future. Grant management experience is also necessary.
- Strong community engagement and collaboration skills. The next President/CEO must be a good listener, strategist and collaborator. He or she will be able to engage with long standing stakeholders and also build relationships with a wider group to build strong connections that are mutually beneficial to SHRCC and the community. New and expanded partnerships musts be developed, providing additional programs or services for those served by SHRCC.
- Strategic thinker with expertise in personnel management. The President/CEO will be an experienced and effective manager of people. He or she will be able to build an effective staff team working together toward a common vision. The President/CEO He or she will have the ability to engage, manage, motivate and unite staff around common goals and strategies, and to drive teamwork and results across functions and work groups. He or she will be a strategic thinker, able to engage SHRCC staff and board in a strategic, thoughtful process of growth.
- Leadership and vision. The President/CEO will inspire confidence and provide leadership and vision to ensure a promising future for SHRCC. He or she will demonstrate honesty, sincerity and respect for individuals while modeling organizational values, inspiring trust in and from others. Through innovation, strategic leadership, energy and commitment, the President/CEO will take SHRCC to the next level of excellence, inspiring and elevating support for the organization’s mission and vision.
The ideal candidate is a strong, experienced leader with a track record of success. Personal assets will include integrity, high energy, and excellent listening and relational skills. Specific assets being sought include:
- The ability to inspire and energize others.
- The ability to communicate clearly and persuasively in formal and extemporaneous settings, to engage people and convey passion for SHRCC mission.
- Strong relationship building skills.
- Ability to create an environment that welcomes feedback, discussion and new ideas.
- Encourages innovation and new directions within the frame of SHRCC’s mission.
- Ability to engage the board, staff, members and partners and stakeholders in decision making to build consensus and to make tough decisions when necessary.
- Ability to analyze and tackle problems in a fair and collaborative manner, and to put in the systems, processes and accountabilities necessary to support solutions.
The successful candidate will have experience working with vulnerable, underserved and/or traumatized populations, with preference given to experience in domestic violence and sexual assault. Specific qualifications also include:
- Proven business acumen, with a track record of effective management and budgeting.
- Bachelor’s degree in one of the social sciences, business, public administration or related field, with ten (10) years’ experience in successfully developing and managing human services/nonprofit programs, with five (5) years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Master’s degree in one of the social sciences, business, public administration or related field with five (5) years’ experience in a leadership role within a human services/non-profit organization is preferred.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
SHRCC is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements no later than March 31, 2019.