Senior VP for Development
- Position Type
- Full Time
Senior Vice President for Development
Vanderbilt Health Executive Search Team is conducting a national search for a Senior Vice President for Development. The Senior Vice President for Development reports directly to the Executive Vice President and Chief Development Officer and serves as the principal advisor on advancement matters related to fundraising operations.
- Craft a multi-year strategic development plan to increase unrestricted and restricted funds for all constituencies; collaborate with development staff, board members, scientists, senior leaders, physicians and key volunteers as a cohesive, cooperative unit
- Strengthen the fundraising potential of the organization by diversifying its funding base, with particular aim at increasing national funding sources
- Maintain a significant portfolio of principal and leader-level donors; identify additional donors capable of making transformative gifts; personally solicit and steward these donors with participation from the President and CEO as necessary
- Provide comprehensive, timely and personalized stewardship in coordination with development’s centralized stewardship operation
- Provide leadership, vision and strategic planning to ensure the successful functioning of the organizational infrastructure required to support the development program
- Provide qualitative and quantitative reports of progress
- Evaluate organizational functions and structures within the department as well as staff performance
- Further develop and implement the organization's major revenue strategy and targets to ensure consistent program development, narrative and metrics that match the strategic priorities
- Provide fundraising resources and expertise to the medical center’s advancement community
Minimum and Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) and 10 years of leadership experience managing a sophisticated medical fundraising operation
- Academic Medical Center Development background
- Experience working with medical center leadership, board members and high-level volunteers
- Ability to work in a complex organization, think strategically, communicate persuasively and build teams
- Proven ability to manage effectively during times of growth and change
- Track record of effective management and fundraising with at least 10 years of experience
- Experience developing and leading a comprehensive fundraising program
- Demonstrated background in issues related to basic and clinical research is a substantial plus
- Travel, evening and weekend work required as necessary
Through the exceptional capabilities and caring spirit of its people, Vanderbilt Health leads in the delivery of exemplary health care, improving the lives of individuals and communities regionally, nationally and internationally. We combine transformative educational programs, compelling scientific discoveries, and distinctive personalized care to achieve this goal. To consistently achieve excellence in medical science and health care, Vanderbilt Health Development builds relationships and encourages philanthropic contributions to directly impact today’s work and to secure a strong future of service. Enthusiastic and timely support from our philanthropic partners enables the Medical Center as a nonprofit academic medical institution to excel in conducting groundbreaking research, training future leaders and providing compassionate care to patients.
Learn more and apply (Req # 1901004): https://vanderbilt.taleo.net/careersection/.vu_cs/jobdetail.ftl?job=1901004&tz=GMT-05%3A00
Discover Vanderbilt Health:
Located in Nashville, TN, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, Vanderbilt Health is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to advance health and health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
Vanderbilt Health is committed to principles of equal opportunity and affirmative action.