Senior Program Manager of Data & Evaluation
- Position Type
- Full Time
The Senior Program Manager of Data & Evaluation (SPM-DE) is responsible for the overall management and development of the Data & Evaluation team. This position reports to the Chief Finance & Operations Officer (CFOO). This full-time exempt position supervises two Data & Evaluation Managers. The position will be responsible for developing and implementing a work plan for the Data & Evaluation team to help the organization collect, analyze, and apply data in our programs both to increase our capacity and to make data-informed decisions. The SPM-DE will provide management teams with recommendations based on the data team’s evaluation of the data collected.
The SPM-DE will provide support and oversight of both databases including: Efforts To Outcomes (ETO) and the Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) Database, as currently managed by the Data & Evaluation Managers.
The SPM-DE will work closely with management staff and the Data & Evaluation Managers. The SPM-DE will maintain excellent communication and relationships with department leaders and their teams, provide education on data analysis, create efficient systems and procedures, and lead the agency in creating a data-informed culture.
- Align and influence Leadership Team, program leadership, and internal stakeholders on Data & Evaluation Team priorities, and facilitate necessary engagement of Data and Evaluation Managers when appropriate.
- Serve as a thought partner to Safe & Sound’s Leadership Team to make data informed, strategic recommendations for the development of the organizational Strategic Agenda.
- Support the organization's Theory of Change and outcome ladders in collaboration with Leadership Team, Senior Program Managers, and Data & Evaluation Team.
- Collaborate with Chief Finance & Operations Officer (CFOO) to prepare and implement annual budget and annual work plan for the Data & Evaluation team.
- Oversee impact narrative for external communications including donors, government, and partners.
- Develop and implement strategies to create a data-informed culture across all departments throughout the organization.
- Foster relationships with community-based organizations to scale Safe & Sound’s program models and support cross-organizational learning.
- Explore and provide recommendations for innovative technologies to streamline monitoring, evaluation, and other operational functions.
- Build staff capacity through training and technical assistance for accurate data entry, collection and reporting in collaboration with Data & Evaluation Managers.
- In collaboration with the Data & Evaluation team, the SPM-DE will formulate, implement, and enforce proper data collection policies and procedures.
- Identify system improvements & manage process changes, as needed.
- Propose and deploy security improvements.
- Understand and enforce compliance with privacy laws and standards related to data management.
- Provide support and coverage as needed to the Data & Evaluation team, comprising of two Data & Evaluation Managers, in areas including, but not limited to: evaluation best practices & methodology, data management & systems administration, strategic reporting, organizational learning and analysis, and strategic relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
May be required to assist with other projects or duties as assigned.
- Must be able to navigate across various levels of the organization effectively.
- Demonstrated experience aligning stakeholders on evaluation related agendas.
- 2+ years of program evaluation experience.
- 2+ years of database administration experience.
- 2+ years supervisory experience managing a small team preferably at a non-profit.
- Demonstrated understanding of HIPAA security rules.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of evaluation methodology, performance management techniques and/or graduate studies in related field or practice.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (Office 2003 & 2010).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Data reporting and analytics competencies (content knowledge).
- Knowledge of major quantitative and qualitative monitoring methodologies and proven ability to design monitoring instrumentation tools.
- High level of proficiency in Windows Excel and/or Statistical Software (SPSS, STATA).
- Knowledge of the limitations and power of using qualitative data in assessments.
- Advanced skills in data analysis presentation and report writing.
- Ability and desire to honor the mission and values of Safe & Sound, to interact successfully and collaboratively at all levels of the organization, and to develop positive relationships in a culturally diverse workplace.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams.
- Excellent organization skills, ability to successfully manage a large volume of work, meet multiple and often competing deadlines, and respond with flexibility to unanticipated requests.
- Requires passing a criminal background check, providing legal evidence of authorization to work in the US as well as references.
- Typical Working Conditions: Standard office with some attendance and assistance at events or off-site meetings.
- Equipment Used: Computer, fax, printer, phone, scanner.
- Essential Physical Tasks: Minimal travel requirements; ability to perform routine office duties involving repetitive work at the keyboard; ability to lift up to 30 lbs.
Safe & Sound is committed to workforce diversity. Qualified applicants will receive full consideration without regard to age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or national origin.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and a detailed cover letter to Human Resources at email@example.com.
More searches like this
- Program / Project Management Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Social Work / Counseling Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Technology / Data Management Mental Health / Crisis Intervention $70,000 - $99,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco