- Position Type
- Full Time
Overview: Atlanta Habitat for Humanity transforms communities by acting as a catalyst for neighborhood revitalization through education, innovative development, partnerships, and long-term relationships with families. The Sponsorship Manager supports the organization’s fundraising efforts as part of the house sponsorship team, with a specific focus on faith, civic groups, high schools, colleges/universities, specialty builds and corporate sponsors.
Position Summary: The Sponsorship Manager is directly responsible for managing sponsors primarily from corporate and civic organizations and secondarily small to medium businesses in Atlanta, to meet or exceed annual revenue goals for house sponsorship. The Sponsorship Manager is also responsible for identifying, cultivating and securing new house sponsors and stewarding existing sponsors in portfolio, and assisting with public relations and marketing activities as they pertain to house sponsorship. This position reports to the Sponsorship Director.
- Manage a portfolio of sponsor groups, including recruiting and securing house sponsors to provide funding and volunteers for the construction or renovation of Atlanta Habitat homes. Meet or exceed specific house sponsorship revenue goals.
- Develop contacts in and support from prospective sponsor networks to build and broaden sponsor base.
- Work as a team to create an annual fundraising strategy for house sponsorships, in collaboration with other Development Team members.
- Utilize and grow online peer-to-peer fundraising tools for specialty builds.
- Track progress and prepare reports for Sponsorship Director.
- Assist with public relations, advertising, marketing and/or promotions in support of Atlanta Habitat’s house sponsorship program.
- Serve as liaison between internal departments (family services, construction) to ensure a positive house building experience for all house sponsor groups in portfolio.
- Attend build starts and house dedications for each sponsor in portfolio.
- Assist with creating strategies to promote house sponsors and house builds on Atlanta Habitat social media outlets.
- Represent Atlanta Habitat at relevant events in the Atlanta community.
- Serve as liaison with Habitat for Humanity International as it relates to sponsor initiatives and/or special build programs.
Qualified candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required. Preferred fields of study include non-profit management, communications, marketing, public relations, or business.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Minimum of five years of professional experience working for a non‐profit organization in a fundraising capacity, preferably sponsorship related.
- Solid track record of securing gifts from individuals, foundations, and/or corporations.
- Experience in event planning, sales, public relations, and/or marketing preferred.
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with database management required; knowledge of Salesforce and fundraising software a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines with special attention to details.
- Able to work well with a diverse group of staff members, volunteers, donors, and community leaders.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
This position is classified full-time exempt. Some evening and weekend work is required, including attending weekend house starts and dedications frequently. Frequent driving around the City of Atlanta and South Fulton County is required - candidates must have a reliable vehicle and a valid drivers’ license. A full benefits package is offered including employer subsidized health insurance, paid time off (PTO), employee gym access, and a retirement savings plan with employer matching.
How to Apply: To apply for this job, please follow the link here or visit this posting on our website http://www.atlantahabitat.org/apply . Please no walk-ins, phone calls or faxes. Only candidates meeting all position requirements will be considered. More information about Atlanta Habitat for Humanity may be found on our website www.atlantahabitat.org. Applications will be accepted until Friday, March 15, 2019, or until the position is filled.
Atlanta Habitat is a Drug‐Free Workplace. This position is subject to a criminal background and credit check, periodic DMV checks for driving record and valid driver’s license, and drug and alcohol testing. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of all checks and testing.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy: Atlanta Habitat is dedicated to a policy of equal opportunity. We will give fair and equal treatment to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Atlanta Habitat to prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, religion, sex, disability, familial status, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, past or present military status, receipt of public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions, including compensation, recruitment, training, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement.