- Experience Level
Bearings Bike Shop is a growing, grassroots youth development organization where kids in Atlanta can earn and maintain a bicycle while developing the skills and character essential to success in adulthood. Learn more about bearingsbikeshop.org.
We are looking for a growth-minded individual that is passionate about youth, bikes, and skills development. The ideal candidate for this position is:
- A relationship builder; someone who loves winning others over and authentically finding ways to connect donors’ passions to the work of Bearings.
- A detail-oriented planner and creator of systems.
- An individual with excellent taste and a high standard of excellence for brand touchpoints, whether a postcard, an event or casual encounter with a stranger.
- A self-directed, organized project manager who always follows through to completion
- And finally, is passionate about being part of work changing the lives of youth on Atlanta’s Westside!
Supervised by the Executive Director, the Development Associate works closely with the Operations team to execute all day-to-day development operations, including:
- Producing digital and print communications, including social media activities, print pieces and website
- Planning and implementing donor cultivation events
- Managing donor database
- Building relationships with and soliciting donors
This is a full-time, salaried, exempt position.
Prospect Identification and Research
- Research donor prospects and plan cultivation journey
- Build relationships with and develop ways to engage donor prospects in Bearings’ work and mission
- Manage all digital marketing, including regular newsletters, targeted digital marketing and social media communication
- Plan donor cultivation events, working with volunteer teams and committees to produce events.
- Arrange tours and cultivation events for donor prospects
- Plan and attend community relations and awareness-building events (Streets Alive, etc.)
- Write and produce print and digital collateral
- Assist senior leadership by ensuring organization has necessary communication pieces for donor solicitation meetings or events
- Attend solicitation meetings with foundations, major donors, etc.
- Write and submit grant applications
- Maintain donor database
- Oversee gift acknowledgement process
- Build relationships with and help donors feel connected to the difference they’re making through their involvement in Bearings
Please submit both a resume and a cover letter with your application.