Talent Development Specialist - Instructional Designer
- Experience Level
Do you have a passion for developing and delivering creative instructional design solutions? Would you like to apply your knowledge and skills to support socially responsible, independent, and community-owned grocery stores?
National Co+op Grocers (NCG) is seeking an energetic and experienced learning professional with a history of high performance to help food co-ops across the country develop their knowledge and skills by creating and delivering engaging training courses.
This position will be responsible for designing and developing learning solutions for co-op staff and management. The ideal candidate will be someone who has creative and technical writing skill and experience developing eLearning and/or instructor-led training courses, who wants to have a direct impact on the success of food co-ops, their suppliers, and their communities. This position will be based out of NCG’s St. Paul, MN office and requires up to 20% business travel.
- Design and develop learning experiences in multiple subject areas, including e-learning, webinar, in-person, and blended programs.
- Work with internal subject matter experts to create content for training programs and tools while ensuring talent programs meet learner needs.
- Leverage knowledge of and skill in instructional design principles and best practices while creating and revising content.
- Work with external consultants and facilitators to examine program quality, and prepare them for delivery of NCG-owned content, ensuring programs meet learner needs.
- Assess quality of third-party programs and content to identify opportunities to replace or supplement existing content.
- Lead coordination and delivery of programs this position owns, including ensuring successful management of registrations, materials, instructors, and other logistics. Attend or host virtual and in-person sessions as appropriate.
- Analyze and prioritize customer needs, and communicate program content and development timelines.
- Assist Talent Development team in the marketing and communication of NCG talent programs to co-ops.
- Occasionally facilitate workshops, small group activities, or other programs where subject matter expertise aligns with program content.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Talent Development Senior Manager.
- Bachelor's degree or above in relevant field required; advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in instructional design, learning and development, or other directly relevant field required; 7+ years preferred.
- Knowledge of adult learning theory, best practices of instructional design and learning transfer.
- Demonstrated ability to plan for, carry out and provide project support with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on multiple projects and balance competing priorities.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to learn and grow to meet the changing requirements of the job.
- Basic familiarity with a Learning Management System (LMS).
- Knowledge of and experience developing content in Articulate Storyline preferred.
- Facilitation and instructor skills preferred.
Our team members are our most-valued asset; we offer a generous salary and benefits package including 4 weeks PTO at hire, medical, dental, vision, company paid Life/ Disability/ Long Term Care insurance, HSA/FSA with company contribution, a matching 401K plan with profit sharing and much more.
National Co+op Grocers (NCG), founded in 1999, is a business services cooperative for retail food co-ops located throughout the United States. We represent 145 food co-ops operating over 200 stores in 37 states with combined annual sales over $2.1 billion and over 1.3 million consumer-owners. NCG helps unify natural food co-ops in order to optimize operational and marketing resources, strengthen purchasing power, and ultimately offer more value to natural food co-op owners and shoppers everywhere. By providing a variety of purchasing, management, development, marketing and other services, our co-ops are able to gain many of the advantages large grocery chains enjoy, while still reflecting the unique qualities of their local communities. For a map of NCG member and associate co-ops, visit our Find-a-Co-op page. To learn more about co-ops, visit www.strongertogether.coop.
Apply By: March 6, 2019