Program & Partnership Manager
- Experience Level
TITLE: Program & Partnership Manager
LOCATION: Milpitas, CA
HOURS: Full-time, Exempt
COMPENSATION: $65,000 - $75,000 annual salary, competitive benefits, paid time off
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director
ABOUT TEEN SUCCESS, INC.
Teen Success, Inc. empowers young women who become mothers in their teens to rise above the challenges facing them and achieve their full potential in school and as parents, so their children also thrive. We believe that education is a key factor in breaking the cycle of poverty faced by young families and that with the right support, young women who become mothers in their teens can attain success in school and in life, for themselves and for their children.
Teen motherhood is an intergenerational issue. A child of a teen mother is much more likely to be a teen parent – 70% of Teen Success, Inc. members are children of teen mothers. Alarmingly, 62% of teen mothers do not complete high school which perpetuates this cycle of intergenerational teen parenthood and poverty. In addition, 18% of teen mothers have a second child as a teen, which can further hamper their ability to finish school. High school dropouts face extremely bleak economic and social prospects. These adverse outcomes also significantly impact their children. With our support, the young women we serve are changing this, with 93% completing high school or its equivalent and only 7% having a second child as a teen.
The mission of Teen Success, Inc. is to help underserved teen mothers and their children become educated, self-sufficient, valued members of society. As part of our intensive, research-based approach, the young women we serve participate in 18 months of one-on-one coaching and peer group learning. They focus on their educational path, develop life skills, deepen their knowledge of reproductive health, and grow their parenting skills, with a focus on early literacy for their children. By recognizing the resourcefulness and resilience of young women who become mothers in their teens, we will open the door for more young mothers and their children to achieve their full potential.
Teen Success, Inc. currently operates programs in the following regions of California: San Francisco Bay Area, Central Coast and Central Valley. Teen Success, Inc. is headquartered in Milpitas, California.
The Program & Partnership Manager oversees and manages Bay Area programming as well as partnership programs in Salinas and San Jose, using data and continuous learning to maximize impact. This position directly supervises at least four full-time staff (Advocates) and oversees additional programs through relationships with community-based agencies.
The ideal candidate will have experience and demonstrated success in implementing direct services to opportunity youth as well as in providing leadership, guidance and support to staff using strength-based coaching and solution-focused approaches. She/he will be a strong and clear communicator, an active listener, skilled in giving and receiving constructive feedback, creative, resourceful, flexible., and collaborative. She/he will have successful experience in developing and maintaining strong working relationships with staff, peers and stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have experience using data to manage staff performance as well as to inform programmatic changes. This role requires a high level of professionalism, emotional maturity, confidentiality, attention to detail and leadership.
Bay Area and some Statewide travel is required.
- Lead Bay Area program implementation according to organizational goals
- Supervise, coach and support the high performance of direct reports
- Oversee and support community partners in successful program implementation
- Lead participant recruitment efforts
- Meet recruitment, engagement and client outcome targets
- Establish work plans that include performance and professional development goals.
- Collaborate with community partner agencies to raise visibility and leverage referrals, resources and expertise
- Collaborate effectively with Teen Success, Inc. staff across the organization
- Lead and support direct reports and partner staff in using data for continuous learning and improvement.
- Be mission-driven and passionate about the population served
- Maintains a positive attitude, team player, energizes others, and has a sense of humor
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Experience developing and delivering programming for opportunity youth
- Organized, detail-oriented, self-motivated, proactive and creative problem-solver
- Experience using data for program improvement and staff performance planning
- Two to three years providing direct service to high-risk and diverse youth
- Experience in supervising staff
- Bilingual in Spanish preferred
For more information about Teen Success, Inc. please visit www.teensuccess.org.
To apply, please send a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications and your resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Program & Partnership Manager” in your subject line.
Teen Success, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.