CalSavers Program Specialist (1 Year Grant Funded)
- Experience Level
An Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to a Diverse Workforce
Department: Community Investment Team
Reports to: SVP, Community Impact
Classification: Union Support
Closing Date: Open until filled
The United Way Bay Area (UWBA) is leading a network of corporations, government agencies, nonprofits, and individuals to create lasting change for Bay Area residents and families. With a history that spans over 90 years and programs that tackle the issue of local poverty from every angle, UWBA is uniquely positioned to mobilize and motivate all sectors of the community toward the vision of ending the cycle of poverty.
As UWBA responds to cultural shifts in the workplace, fundraising, and digital communications, it is guided by core values of innovation and results-driven creativity. Through a variety of existing and emerging initiatives, UWBA seeks to both strengthen and reimagine its work at all levels in order provide more and better opportunities for struggling Bay Area residents.
For more information about UWBA, please visit http://uwba.org.
Are you passionate about helping people in Bay Area communities move out of poverty and save for their future? Do you thrive in a position where you can work closely with community leaders and businesses to help accomplish strategies for community impact?
The CalSavers Program Specialist will lead projects that strengthen United Way’s existing financial security work through CalSavers outreach and education to Bay Area workers and business owners. CalSavers aligns with UWBA’s mission to break the cycle of poverty, as retirement funds are a critical component of future financial stability for workers. The Program Specialist’s activities will include developing an outreach plan that will include local and social media, convening businesses and CBO’s, and integration into our overall employer engagement strategies and program initiatives.
This position is responsible for working closely with the Community Impact Team, the Development Team and other United Way staff, volunteers and partners to achieve results.
This position is based in San Francisco and works on projects and assignments in all eight counties served by UWBA.
What you'll do:
Statewide CalSavers Coalition:
• Participate in biweekly calls with United Ways of California and other United Ways selected to conduct CalSavers outreach
• Participate in any statewide trainings or meetings provided by United Ways of California or the California State Treasurer’s office
• Collaborate with the other United Ways, United Ways of California and the California State Treasurer’s office as needed throughout the grant period
Employer Strategies and Activities:
• Work in partnership with UWBA Development Team to target United Way Workplace Giving Partner businesses, meeting with senior executives to raise awareness.
• Present information at local business and affiliated clubs and associations (Chambers, Rotary, Clubs, etc.).
• Train United Way ambassadors such as Board Members and Community Partners on CalSavers.
• Host educational events with small businesses and create regional workgroup or series of convenings with employers
Worker Strategies and Activities:
• Create regional workgroup or series of convenings with CBOs
• Integrate CalSavers into existing financial stability outreach as related to Free Tax Prep, Earned Income Tax Credit, SparkPoint, etc.
• Partner with local labor unions and the labor councils to develop an outreach and education strategy for union members and small businesses that employ union members.
Evaluation and Reporting:
• The Program Specialist will develop data collection procedures and tools
• Write reports and proposals to funders and partners
Complete other CalSavers grant-related tasks and projects as assigned.
Who you are:
• Minimum of bachelor's degree or relevant experience
• 2-5 years of related professional experience as an outreach coordinator, coalition leader or within communications/public relations
• Experience working with public/private sector leaders/decision-makers, experience in fundraising, marketing, or community programs is a plus.
• Knowledge of leading initiatives, institutions, research and resources on asset building savings a plus
• Excellent project management and organizational skills.
• Ability to work effectively with non-profit, government, community, and labor professionals and leaders as well as corporate executives.
• Access to a car, California Driver's License and a satisfactory driving record are conditions of initial and continued employment.
Salary: $50,000.00 - 55,000.00 Salary Non-Exempt
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
UWBA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender (including actual or perceived gender, and gender identity), sexual orientation, age, marital status, medical condition, religious affiliation, veteran status, national origin, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable state, federal or local law. UWBA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in the manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. If you need a reasonable accommodation in order to apply for a job, please let us know. If the reason you need an accommodation is not obvious, we may ask for documentation confirming your functional limitations.
Please include salary requirements in cover letter.
Login at www.uwba.org/careers and submit your resume along with cover letter.
More searches like this
- Development / Fundraising Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Event Planning Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Program / Project Management Philanthropy / Social Responsibility $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in San Francisco