Donor Relations Coordinator
- Experience Level
The Franciscan Friars, Province of St. Barbara, proclaim the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the Franciscan tradition through ministries that serve the poor, marginalized, and those spiritually in need of God. Through the ministries of our Province we provide food, shelter, counseling, healing, spiritual direction, education and a connection for the people of God. We do this through the charism of St. Francis of Assisi and our values of prayer, fraternity, joy and service. The Province headquarters are located in Oakland, California.
The Donor Relations Coordinator works with a team to perform administrative duties related to the cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of current and prospective donors. This is an important position that requires an ability to work well under limited supervision and to be extremely organized.
- Maintain relationships and support cultivation and retention of donors through excellent relationship building skills and follow up via phone, email and print communications.
- Manage and implement a consistent gift acknowledgement program to ensure timely and appropriate recognition of donors at all levels.
- Ensure that donor stewardship and cultivation activity is accurately recorded in the Donor Perfect database;
- Coordinate strategic communications that are timely and accurate to support donor retention and engagement, including but not limited to acknowledgements through various channels, gift reports, and other donor communication.
- Manage and refine information tracking processes regarding acknowledgement, recognition, on- going communication and continued cultivation of current and lapsed donors to enhance their engagement with the Province.
- Process incoming gifts, allocating funds to proper accounting departments/codes, ensuring accuracy and working closely with accounting team.
- Ensure overall data integrity.
- Provide general office assistance, including photocopying, scanning, mailing, printing, distribution of different publications, answering the phone (roll over calls), directing calls, and assisting callers, ordering office supplies, and managing office equipment (telephones, copy machine, postage machine, etc.)
- Serve as an ambassador of the organization's mission to external constituents.
- Support ad hoc special projects that support and respond to organizational growth and development.
The successful candidate will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail and the ability to handle projects simultaneously and work independently. Must be self-motivated, confident, exercise creativity, and have the ability to meet deadlines. He/she will be committed to the mission of the Franciscan Friars.
- Minimum of 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in administration, office management or business management in a non-profit or religious setting.
- Familiarity with Roman Catholic structures, both diocesan and religious orders.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe, Google Suite, and Donor Perfect or similar donor database.
- Requires judgement and ability to evaluate received donor gifts, and allocate them accordingly.
- Demonstrated ability with problem solving and decision making.
- Must be creative and innovative in approaches to some tasks.
- Excellent verbal and written skills desired.