Oakland- Quality & Learning Director, Student Life (National)
- Position Type
- Full Time
Quality & Learning Director, Student Life- National (Any College Track Site)
About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social-emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning their college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have ten centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, Louisiana, and the D.C. Metro Area with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
To learn more, please visit www.collegetrack.org
College Track students graduate from college at a rate that is more than double the national average for low-income and first-generation students. Five years out of college, our graduates are employed full-time, and over 85% report earnings greater than their parents. By helping our students maximize the value of their four-year college degree, which includes minimizing student loan debt, securing internships, and limiting the need to work while in college--we prepare them to succeed in the 21st century economy.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
* COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
* PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation’s college completion story.
* JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
* AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
* EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
College Track National Office is seeking a Quality & Learning Director of Student Life responsible for the design and successful implementation of the Student Life Department. The Student Life program is responsible for student growth and development in the areas of identity formation and social-emotional learning. These program elements are delivered through experiential education opportunities, service learning and internships, and workshops.
The Quality & Learning Student Life Director is responsible for developing and creating our strategy to improve student life outcomes for students by setting the vision for Student Life programming and building the change management plan and communication strategies to ensure alignment across the organization.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Program Quality Design and Implementation
* Create quality and implementation guidelines for Student Life core practices
* Observe and evaluate program quality to support site and regional staff
* Lead creation, revision, and refinement of program curriculum and resources
* Support organizational and programmatic alignment across the sites, and provide support systems that drive student success
* Lead staff in developing student ownership and agency
* Develop student-driven experiences (skill improvement and progress tracking) using edtech resources
* Manage College Track’s Summer Enrichment
Staff Training and Support
* Assess learning needs to design and deliver training sessions that drive program results in core practices for both new and experienced staff
* Provide individualized coaching to Student Life staff, as needed
* Serve as national liaison to Student Life program staff
* Identify and coordinate external professional development opportunities for staff
* Onboard and train staff with the knowledge, skills, and support needed to achieve organization-wide goals in student life metrics.
* Analyze and report on data trends
* Use data to inform program innovation and implementation
Skills & Experience Required
First and foremost, the Director of Student Life (DSL) must embrace College Track’s vision and mission for transforming low-income communities into places where college readiness and college graduation are the norms.
Additionally, the DSL must possess the following qualifications:
* Experience using quantitative and qualitative data to develop, evaluate, and refine the program
* Excellent skills in developing relationships with others – students, staff, professionals
* Strong ability to maintain a positive attitude, inspire others, work proactively and creatively, be resourceful and care deeply about the development of College Track students
* Strong learning orientation (e.g. constant learner, exhibits strong self-awareness of and initiative to develop one’s growth areas, accepts and promptly incorporates feedback)
* Results-driven; commitment to utilizing data and evidence-based practices to meet student needs
* Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
* High degree of flexibility and adaptability; can work within and thrive in an ambitious, fast-moving environment, while also driving toward clarity and solution.
* Experience working with underserved youth
* Experience training staff through a variety of adaptive coaching and adult-learning methods
* Ability to lead, motivate, and empower staff to develop and improve without formal authority
* Ownership over the organization’s impact by setting goals, planning, and reflecting to achieve excellent results
* Agility within and comfort with ambiguity while being highly proactive and effective at driving toward clarity, as this is a new position within a new team
* Ability to travel up to 25%, mostly within Northern California sites, but also to the Los Angeles region and out-of-state
* Ability to work well within a remote team
* Minimum four-year college degree (master’s degree preferred)
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Please upload a resume and a thoughtful cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.