- Experience Level
Under the supervision of the Assistant Program Director, the Swing Shift Supervisor manages the daily operation of Multi-Service Center South, which provides a full range of support services to homeless men and women. The swing shift Supervisor is responsible for support of and adherence to the mission of the St. Vincent de Paul Society (SVDP) and the Multi-Service Center South. This position provides direct supervision to Program staff, overseeing activities in the shelter to ensure the safety of guests and staff.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervision of staff, including coaching, disciplining, evaluating, staff development and training. Lead, assist and motivate staff, as necessary.
- Ensure quality provision of all direct services, including distribution of linen, laundry and food services. Maintain focus on guests’ needs, guests’ satisfaction and results driven approach.
- Oversee the implementation of all Multi-Service Center South’s policies and procedures.
- Document and communicate on a daily basis all facets of the shelter operation to the Assistant Program Director and Program Director, including the implementation of Standards of Care legislation and shelter grievance policy.
- Develop and maintain weekly work schedules, post assignments and responsibilities for swing shift staff.
- Comply with all Human Services Contractual requirements and maintain accurate records for quality assurance and reporting.
- Review and correct all assigned employee timesheets on a weekly basis using ADP. Approve timesheets upon review and before submission.
- Review and process holiday and vacation request forms and submit report to Assistant Program Director and Program Director for final approval.
- Maintain property and supply rooms organized and clean at all times.
- Attend weekly meetings with Assistant Program Director and Program Director.
- Attend all meetings and trainings as assigned.
- Create shelter forms and distribute other required forms to the shift. Maintain organized and updated binders and documents for walls slot for use at desk.
- Recruit, coordinate and train shelter guests to be part of the volunteer program.
- Be accessible for emergencies, provide back-up and work weekend shifts as needed. Requires some daytime and weekend work/meetings.
- Oversee maintenance and cleaning of shelter.
- Monitor the injury and illness prevention program and OSHA requirements
- Perform other duties assigned
- Four-year degree in social service field or equivalent college and work experience in lieu of degree.
- Three years of experience in shelter or similar work in contract administration with a non-profit organization.
- Strong verbal, reading and written English communication skills.
- Ability to develop goals, plan, organize and prioritize work and maintain accurate records.
- Strong social perception skills and the ability to understand other people’s reactions.
- Experience with homeless individuals and/or disadvantaged. Experience in working with people who are mentally ill or substance abuse preferred.
- Critical thinking and ability to resolve problems.
- Average data entry skills and use of Microsoft Outlook, Office, Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated use of Vincentian values such as respect, integrity, dignity, collaboration, justice, stewardship, compassionate service, client advocacy, resourcefulness.
- Sensitivity to the needs of diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, gender/transgender populations.
- Ability to de-escalate crisis situations and make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to maintain constructive and cooperative working relationships.
- Commitment to the mission of St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco
- Bilingual: English and Spanish preferred
The St. Vincent de Paul Society of San Francisco, Multi-Service Center, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction history.