Director of Finance & Operations (part-time)
- Experience Level
Global Health Action is seeking a part-time Director of Finance & Operations to assume responsibility for financial & operational functions and help lead our established nonprofit organization into our next phase of growth. The job is expected to take 16-20 hours per week.
About Global Health Action (GHA)
Based in Atlanta, GHA is a nonprofit international health and development organization engaging communities around the world to improve the health and well-being of at-risk communities, with a focus on women, children, and adolescents.
GHA believes in the power of people and communities to identify and address their own health needs and improve their quality of life. We see our role as a catalyst to increase the knowledge, skills, and capacity of local leaders and organizations and as a bridge to connect different groups and levels of society. To that end, we work with government, faith, and civil society organizations here at home and around the world.
Diversity, equity, inclusion and collaboration are at the heart of GHA’s mission. Our work is all about building capacity for positive change in our world. We’re a small, dynamic team making our world a better place for all.
For more information about GHA, visit us online at globalhealthaction.org
What Does the Job Entail?
Our Director of Finance & Operations (DFO) will schedule and prioritize their own workflow by
- performing cash management duties
- processing payroll through a third party vendor
- managing the outsourcing of general accounting services
- generating and presenting financial reports
- monitoring the performance of our investments on a quarterly basis
- and leading the annual budgeting & audit processes
Additionally, the DFO will handle administrative and operational tasks for our 4-person office. This includes tracking and filing various registrations and other legal requirements.
To learn more about the position, please review the position description provided on this page.
- A passion for the organization’s mission
- Measurable experience in accounting and finance
- Thorough understanding of nonprofit budgeting, fiscal management, and compliance
- Advanced knowledge of QuickBooks, Google Suite, Microsoft Office, and workflow apps
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and presenting financial and risk management analysis for strategic decision-making
- Ability to write well and clearly express thoughts verbally
How to Apply
Review the complete job description posted on the application webpage at https://globalhealthaction.applicantpro.com/jobs/994408-366279.html. Then submit a thoughtful cover letter and your resume as a single document on the webpage
Due to the volume of interested applicants, we ask that you not contact our office about the position unless specifically invited to do so. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Offers of employment are contingent upon a successful background check.