Senior Program Strategist (Children and Family Services)
- Degree Level
Senior Program Strategist (Children and Family Services)
The Senior Program Strategist (SPS) of Children and Family Services is the leading expert in Children and Family Services Programs at Inspiritus. The SPS develops programs and system wide strategies and tactics so that programs reach their goals and outcomes , The SPS assesses program performance, identifies opportunities for program growth, makes recommendations to ensure growth and expansion of all programs in assigned area, identifies best practices and ensures excellence in all program deliverables. The SPS serves the as a subject matter expert on a specific program area and provides support to regional office staff to ensure program excellence, growth and development.
- Develops annual growth plan for assigned program area and monitors each regions progress.
- Identifies best practices and trains staff on implementing best practices
- Embraces a culture of excellence
- Develops future programs that will impact program area
- Forecasts the impact of pending changes in assigned program area and makes recommendation
- Prepares recommendations for strategic growth based on trends in assigned program area
- Researches changes laws as it impacts service delivery and makes programmatic changes to leverage growth and expansion
- Reviews targets for regional offices and assists staff in creating plans and strategies to achieve goals.
- Monitors trends and makes recommendations based on data
- Provides recommendations on strategic growth initiatives and plans in order to achieve program growth and expansion.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on assigned program area and consults and guides regional program staff on growth targets and strategies for meeting goals.
- Develops and conducts trainings on program best practices to ensure program staff have the tools to strengthen and grow program areas. Provides leadership and expertise to ensure growth and compliance targets are met.
- Conducts and documents at least monthly statewide program meetings for program oversight and participates in leadership team meetings.
- Ensures required trainings for program staff are developed, secured, and tracked.
- Makes recommendations for program design within designated databases and electronic record mechanism. Monitor trends in program performance using data system program reports, quality assurance reports, and program scorecards to assist Regional office staff in identifying and prioritizing programs for performance improvement or for growth.
- Prepares reports for Senior Management Team as requested.
- Informs Director of trends, concerns, and progress on program goals.
- Attends statewide and regional meetings on behalf of Inspiritus. Serves as a primary point of contact for statewide coalition groups related to the assigned program area.
- Assists with researching and securing funding opportunities to support assigned program.
- Helps write grants and contract proposals with the Development Department and Regional Directors.
- Reviews contracts, grant proposals, and other program documents prior to submission.
- Monitors contractual and grant compliance changes. Develops and updates policies for assigned program area to maintain compliance.
- Ensures assigned program areas are effective, efficient, safe, financially sound and high-quality in accordance with best practice and in compliance with the Council on Accreditation and all Federal, State, local and funding rules and regulations.
- In consultation with Regional Directors, provide training and support as needed during program expansion or development to ensure implementation of systems and processes that support program management; compliance with program standards; achievement of program outcomes and contract deliverables; and adherence to policies and procedures, mission and service philosophy.
- Provides leadership and support to program staff during monitoring and audit visits, ensures regional staff are prepared for all possible visits and audits.
- Participate in preparing and responding to monitoring and audit reports and implementing required changes
- Monitors case ratios and makes recommendations for staffing changes based on cases.
- Monitors compliance with all contract and grant requirements, responsibilities and service delivery; ensures all contract metrics and grant requirements are being met for all assigned programs including supervision if contract/grant requires.
- Participates in audits
- Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions.
- Complies with the various federal, state or local laws that apply to and regulate the job responsibilities.
- Participates in training, fundraising events and other Inspiritus activities and initiatives such as performance and quality improvement (PQI).
- Strives toward excellence in the areas of innovation, performance and extraordinary acts.
- Performs other duties as assigned to meet program needs.
- May approve reimbursements, host home payments, foster home payments, billings, staff mileage and reimbursement requests and leave requests.
- May provide backup supervision to regional program staff as needed.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None, but may provide backup supervision for program staff as needed.
- Manages funds and other Inspiritus assets i.e. supplies and equipment in a manner that is considered productive in the best interest of Inspiritus, and conforms to the approved budgets.
- May participate in program budget development and management.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, public administration, or related social science field.
- Minimum of three (3) years supervisory experience, including experience hiring, training and managing professional staff;
- At least seven (7) year experience in social service programing.
- Previous experience working in direct service or program management in assigned program area.
- Ability to build sense of teamwork between state level and local program level staff;
- Ability to manage multiple complex systems and processes.
- Ability to write reports for senior management team;
- Computer skills in Excel, Extended Reach, Databases, Word, Outlook, Microsoft Office Suite;
- Must be compliance and policy driven.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for Inspiritus mission.
- Must have the ability to communicate with all persons in a culturally competent manner.
- Must be sensitive to the service population’s cultural and socioeconomic characteristics.
- Must hold a valid Georgia Driver’s license and have a personal multi-passenger automobile, appropriate auto insurance and a good driving record. Include specific insurance limits required by any relevant contracts or grants.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, experience, competencies, skills and knowledge that ensures the successful completion of the essential job responsibilities.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Public Administration or a related field.
- Experience in budget management.
- Data base management or administration.
Physical Demands: Regularly required to talk and hear. Required to stand, walk, sit, use hand to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls: and reach with hands and arms. Required to operate personal vehicle. Employee frequently lifts and or moves up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Working Conditions: While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee travels by automobile and is exposed to changing weather conditions. May require statewide travel up to 25%.