Environment America Policy Fellow
- Experience Level
Become an Environment America Fellow
We know all about the damage we’re doing to the planet: climate change, plastic pollution, wildlife disappearing forever. But solutions are all around us: better solar panels, better energy storage technology, better electric cars, and on and on.
Our mission—the thing that drives everything we do—is to harness our country’s wealth, our technology and our imagination to make our world a greener, healthier and more sustainable place to live for all of us.
Imagine yourself organizing a town hall meeting on solar power. Or building a community coalition to keep local waters clean. Imagine building the organizational power—the funds, the membership, the activist base and more—that it takes to keep all of this critical work going for the long haul.
That’s what you’ll do with Environment America during this two-year fellowship program. We work to mobilize the support it takes to build more solar and wind power, reduce global warming pollution, keep our beaches, rivers and streams clean, protect our wildlife and wild places, and hold polluters accountable when they violate our environmental laws.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Build powerful coalitions: Reach out to small business owners, farmers, public health officials and others to demonstrate support for our policy goals
- Earn traditional media and social media attention: Organize news conferences and write opinion pieces. Build a following on Facebook and Twitter for your campaigns
- Lobby elected officials: Coordinate strategy with a champion in Congress. Make a convincing case to a legislator who is undecided on a particular vote. Work the “inside game” to complement our outside field operation, where most of our power is derived
- Research and write reports: Catalogue and analyze sources of carbon pollution in the U.S. Detail the success of the Clean Water Act in our reports. Help influence public debate and earn media attention for our cause
- Identify and cultivate donors: Reach out to foundations and major donors and ask them to fund our work to tackle global warming, promote clean energy, and protect our most spectacular natural areas
- Run a grassroots campaign office each summer during your fellowship: Hire and manage a staff of 20 canvassers. Raise money, build our organization and membership, and help win one of our key campaigns
PAY AND BENEFITS
The target annual compensation for this position is $27,000 in the first year. Environment America offers a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement. Positions start in August 2019. Visit our website for our immediate openings.
LEARN MORE AND APPLY AT OUR WEBSITE.
Environment America is part of The Public Interest Network—a group of organizations that share a vision of a better country, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to getting things done. Visit publicinterestnetwork.org to learn more.
Environment America is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Boston
- Development / Fundraising Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Boston
- Human Resources / Recruiting Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Boston
- Marketing / Communications Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Boston
- Program / Project Management Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Boston