Seattle Campus Fellow
- Experience Level
CAREERS IN ORGANIZING
Students have been at the forefront of social change throughout history, from civil rights, to voting rights to protecting the environment. For over 40 years, the Student PIRGs have hired year-round, full-time Campus Organizers who help students get organized, mobilized and energized so they can create a greener, healthier, more meaningful future. Our organizers work with students on college campuses here in Washington and across the country, giving them the resources they need to make a difference on the issues they care about.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In Washington this fall, WashPIRG Student’s Campus Organizers are focused on our youth voter registration and mobilization effort called the New Voters Project.
In November 2016, many young people simply didn’t make it to the polls; but our democracy works best when we all participate and everyone weighs in on who gets elected.
This year, we are changing all of that. In 2018, young voters have the potential to be the largest and most diverse group of voters in the country, with unique values and ideas. Young people can choose to let other people make decisions that impact our future, or we can vote and get a future that works for us.
That’s why the WashPIRG Students is hiring organizers to run non-partisan voter registration and get-out-the-vote campaigns on college campuses across the state.
In addition to the New Voters Project, we are also running campaigns to save bees by banning bee-killing pesticides, pushing for a 100% clean energy future, and moving away from single-use plastics like straws and foam takeout containers.
As a Campus Organizer you will --
- Engage and mobilize hundreds of students
- Train students to run effective campaigns, using skills like organizing news conferences, building strong coalitions, generating grassroots support, and coordinating lobby days
- Build a strong, sustainable, student-funded, and student-run organization on campus
- Build relationships with other student groups, faculty and administrators
- Run a citizen outreach office during the summer, where you’ll recruit and lead a team of canvassers to fundraise for important issues
Qualified candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to environmental, public interest, and/or student power issues, as well as a track record of leadership. We're looking for goal-driven and results-oriented individuals who have excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for the work.
PAY & BENEFITS
The target annual compensation for this position is $26,500 in the first year. The Student PIRGs offer a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement. To apply, visit our website. We have immediate positions available and positions available starting Aug 2019.
We’re hiring organizers to work on college campuses in Santa Cruz, CA, Eugene, OR, and Seattle, WA.
The Student PIRGs are part of The Public Interest Network — a group of organizations that share a vision of a better country, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to getting things done. Visit www.publicinterestnetwork.org to learn more.
The Student PIRGs are a equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
For Los Angeles-based positions: the Student PIRGs will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Development / Fundraising Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Human Resources / Recruiting Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Marketing / Communications Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Seattle
- Program / Project Management Environment up to $29,999 Full Time jobs in Seattle