Program Coordinator – Boys and Men of Color
- Experience Level
This professional-level position, available immediately, is an exciting opportunity to join the staff at PolicyLink. PolicyLink is a national research and action institute that works to advance policies at the federal, state, and local level to achieve racial and economic equity.
The Program Coordinator will work on the Alliance for Boys and Men of Color Team and primarily provide project management, operational/policy support, and network management.
The Alliance for Boys and Men of Color (ABMoC) is a coalition of youth, community, public system leaders, policy researchers, and advocates who are working to create communities full of opportunity and transform policies and laws that harm boys and men of color, their families, and communities. Working at the state and local level, the Alliance is actively pursuing reforms that will increase access to health services, improve academic success, support neighborhood safety, reduce justice system involvement, and support employment opportunities for this vulnerable population.
Roles & Responsibilities
Administrative Support for Managing Director / Project Management for the Team
- File management and maintenance.
- Management of invoices and expenses.
- Development of contracts.
- Grants management.
Alliance for Boys and Men of Color Network Operations and Policy Support
- Cultivate and manage relationships with ABMoC regional anchor partners.
- Identify opportunities to increase power and cohesion of the ABMoC network.
- Leverage PolicyLink in-house expertise and resources to impact boys and men of color in California and across the country.
- Support the development and deployment of technical assistance and tools.
- Support the design and management of the Community of Practice.
- Develop onboarding workflow for new ABMoC partners and tracking systems for time-sensitive information.
- Update ABMoC website (resources and calendar items, and other items).
- Calendar events and schedule meetings/conference calls.
- Meeting management (coordination, scheduling, prep, notes, and tracking action items).
- Database and listserv management and maintenance.
- Manage ABMoC email infrastructure, network calendar, and production of core materials.
- Contribute to the writing and uploading of letters of support to our ABMoC Take Action page.
- Liaise with communications and IT teams to update and maintain the ABMoC Take Action page.
- Track and manage ABMoC legislative agenda and policy priorities using web tools.
- Plan and execute legislative visits.
- Develop training materials for network participants.
- Support the planning and execution of policy hearings, briefings, summits, and other ABMoC events.
- 2-3 years of experience and/or training in organizational management/operations.
- Database management.
- Web development.
- Project management.
- Experience managing a network and providing network support.
- Event planning and logistics management.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Advanced degree or equivalent experience in relevant field.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a self-starting member of a team.
- Commitment to social equity issues.
- Good time management skills and ability to effectively work on multiple projects.
- Experience with Google Office Suite (Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Form, etc.).
- Well-organized, hard worker, able to work well under pressure and meet shifting deadlines.
- Sense of humor, appreciation of the value of all kinds of diversity and good interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
How to Apply
Send Résumé and Cover Letter with salary requirement to: PolicyLink – Program Coordinator Search Committee, 1438 Webster Street, Suite 303, Oakland, CA 94612
Or fax to 510-587-1123 or e-mail to email@example.com (include subject line: [your name]-
Program Coordinator). Position open until filled.
Please note: Résumés submitted without salary requirement will not be accepted. No phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Excellent benefits including paid vacation, health, vision and dental insurance, and 401(k) retirement plan.
PolicyLink is committed to maintaining a diverse, multicultural working environment.