Senior Business Development Manager, Nonprofit
- Experience Level
About the Company
With an interdisciplinary team of data scientists, developers, and survey science experts, Civis works with Fortune 500 companies, the country’s largest nonprofits, and all levels of government to make data-driven decision-making essential to how the world’s best organizations operate. We help these commercial and non-commercial organizations use data to gain a competitive advantage in how they identify, attract, and engage customers, donors, supporters or voters.
Civis embraces the individuality of our employees and we celebrate each other's differences. Our products, services, and culture benefit from and thrive on the unique perspectives brought by each person in our Civis community. We're proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, age, sex, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
About the Role
Our nonprofit team is looking for a Senior Business Development Manager to acquire customers, build partnerships, and maintain productive client relationships for our data science products and services in the nonprofit sector. You will design and oversee go-to-market strategies, further build and drive relationships with key client stakeholders, identify and close growth opportunities, and work with our team to ensure renewals.
You will also coordinate cross-functional company resources as the relationship lead to enable the success of your clients. You must be able to work well with others who approach problems from different perspectives, but you will be expected to challenge and improve the way we operate.
- Achieve selling quota by closing new logo clients in the nonprofit sector
- Maintain a deep understanding of the data analytics space, especially as it pertains to the nonprofit space
- Serve as trusted advisor to customers and identify market changes or new opportunities to the Civis management and product teams
- Define and execute strategies to grow our business with new and existing clients
- Coordinate technical presentations and proposals with Civis staff to deliver winning solutions that meet the customer’s needs
- Scope projects that combine data science software and services solutions
- Source, qualify, and close opportunities within the nonprofit sector
- Understand the customer buying cycles in-depth, influence those cycles where possible, and accurately forecast sales to Civis management
- Maintain close partnerships with Civis customers, ensuring Civis is always considered a trusted partner
- 7+ year track record of selling data analytics, business intelligence, or complex enterprise SaaS solutions
- 5+ years experience in the nonprofit sector
- Strong understanding of, appreciation for, and interest in the application of analytics and data science in the nonprofit sector
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Ability to self-manage and deal with the ambiguity that comes with a successful, growth-stage company
- Strong relationship-building, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Skilled at cross-functional navigation and team-based execution
- Demonstrated strategic selling and customer acquisition approach
- Willing and able to travel up to 20%
- Candidates local to the East Coast a plus (D.C. candidates an even bigger plus)