- Experience Level
You are mission-driven and action-oriented. You love to get involved and work as part of a team to accomplish something great. Any job is your job if it helps the team succeed, and you thrive on variety. Today, you’re looking for a role where you can use those traits to make a real difference in the world by advancing the most important social issues facing humanity today.
If that sounds like you, Arabella Advisors can’t wait to meet you.
Due to company growth, Arabella Advisors seeks a dynamic and enthusiastic individual to join our Corporate Finance team. The position reports to the Assistant Controller and will be responsible for day to day accounting operations including Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. The right candidate will have a strong understanding of accounting principles, excellent problem-solving skills, and a customer service mindset.
- Direct the month-end and year-end closing process including review of journal entries and general ledger reconciliations
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements in accordance with GAAP
- Manage daily processing of AP and AR activity
- Record semi-monthly payroll
- Administer corporate credit card program
- Serve as liaison for external auditors
- Oversee training and development of supervised staff
- Review and refine policies and internal control procedures
- Partner with Controller and Assistant Controller on special projects
To Be Successful in This Role, You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum of five years of relevant professional experience in a for-profit environment
- Solid understanding of GAAP
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment and meet a constant stream of deadlines
- Prior experience as supervisor
- Committed to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Highly detailed and organized
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
Other Highly Preferred Skills and Experience
- CPA or CPA track
- Working knowledge of Great Plains Dynamics
Our Core Competencies:
- The ability to provide excellent service, including being able to effectively manage resources, create and implement enhancements across the firm to efficiently achieve service standards, and to coach junior teammates on how to address complex service challenges
- The ability to oversee and advise on multiple complex projects, including encouraging workflow and work plan innovations, and ensuring deliverables are high-quality and meet clients’ needs
- The ability to coach colleagues in how to understand stakeholders’ perspectives and to handle high-level stakeholder challenges
- The ability to effectively communicate difficult messages, to represent the firm to external audiences, and to mentor colleagues in how to adapt style, tone, and content to various audiences
- The ability help teams overcome collaboration challenges and promote compromise, inclusion, and openness; promote and lead activities that support an open, safe, and inclusive organization; understand the context in which we work and build critical cross-team connections; and share useful knowledge firm wide
- The ability to regularly integrate learnings to improve team operations, to lead learning opportunities that enhance team performance, and to be a mentor to others
- The ability to empower teammates to solve problems and provide guidance only when necessary; to solve complex challenges without clear owners or solutions by identifying innovative approaches; and to facilitating coordination with others and to coach colleagues in thinking through solutions
About Arabella Advisors
Arabella Advisors helps foundations, philanthropists and investors who are serious about impact achieve the greatest good with their resources. We work on issues ranging from the social and economic advancement of women and girls, and conservation of our climate and planet, to reducing poverty and inequity in the United States and around the world. Our staff members are mission-driven and action-oriented, and have a unique combination of experience in philanthropy, business, nonprofits, government, finance, law, and other fields. We combine creative, strategic thinking with knowledge and networks developed through decades of hands-on experience. The fastest-growing philanthropic advisory firm in the nation, Arabella is also a certified B Corporation.
Working with Us
We are committed to having a passion-driven, inclusive, transparent, collaborative, healthy, and fun culture. We invite you to visit our careers page to learn more.
To encourage work/life balance, we offer flexible work options. Our office is an open space with cubicles and standing desks and informal work areas. Our salaries are closer to the range of a nonprofit and our benefits are excellent. You’ll start with three weeks of vacation, 80 hours of personal time, and 20 hours of paid time to volunteer at an organization of your choice. In addition to six federal holidays, you get to pick four more from a list of inclusive religious holidays and your birthday.
We have a competitive health package that includes medical, vision, dental, and prescription insurance. We also provide funds for professional development, a fitness benefit, and cover part of your personal cell phone plan.
How to Apply
Submit a resume and a one-page cover letter online. The cover letter should address why you’re excited to work at Arabella and why you’re qualified for this specific job.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
While Arabella is open to individuals from various locations applying to join our team, please note that we generally are unable to pay for relocation expenses.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.