FT Case Manager
- Experience Level
PURPOSE OF POSITION: To provide ongoing support and expertise through assessment, planning, implementation and overall evaluation of individual resident needs. The overall goal of the position is to enhance the quality of resident services and satisfaction, to provide continuity of care through the integrating and functions of case management and discharge planning. All duties should be performed within the framework of the policies and procedures of Covenant House Georgia. This position is accountable to the Director of Residential and Case Management.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Covenant House Georgia reserves the right to unilaterally modify, remove, or add to any of the following:
- Conduct all resident interactions in a manner that promotes acceptance, respect, honesty, and emphasizes the CHGA’s Five Principles
- Develop individualized case plans with measurable goals and objectives based on the needs identified in initial and on-going assessments
- Participate with multi-disciplinary team to provide comprehensive service to our youth
- Ensure the integration of social services/case management functions into the family reunification, resident care, discharge, and housing processes with other external service organizations, agencies and healthcare facilities
- Refer residents for services who are outside of role and scope of practice
- Develop knowledge of the current community resources and referrals, which may entail attendance at off-site meetings and trainings
- Establish and maintain an ethical and professional relationship with residents.
- Provide weekly review of record keeping, ensuring that all appropriate documents are completed and filed within the requested time frame for your assigned caseload
- Promote effective and efficient utilization of resources
- Ensure that all documentation is completed in the B.I.R.P format and is submitted into ClientTrack, ETO, resident’s files, incident report (if needed) in a timely manner
- Ensure that your username/password for the Pathways and ETO systems remain active.
- Immediately report all maintenance concerns to Coordinators
- Facilitate groups and lead community meetings for residents
- Assist in the training and orientation of new staff and volunteers
- Follow all department procedures for resident schedule, shift transition, food preparation, intervention, and on-call utilization
- Seek and accept supervision and continuing education.
- Uphold Covenant House Georgia standards of conduct, policies and procedures at all times
- Attend and participate all scheduled or mandatory meetings, trainings and supervision sessions as requested
- Adhere to all resident confidentiality requirements and standards
- Perform all other tasks as requested by the Clinical Director, Crisis Shelter Coordinator, Rights of Passage Coordinator, and CHGA administration
- Knowledge of industry standards and best practices for working with homeless and at-risk young adults and trauma informed practice
- Aware of the needs of homeless and at-risk youth that Covenant House Georgia serves
- Ability to:
- engage the client the assessment process; establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, supervisors, representatives of other agencies, and the public; and effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with both internal and external individuals and/or businesses
- drive agency or personal vehicles to transport items and/or persons (valid State of Georgia license required)
- Model appropriate, professional behavior for staff to establish and maintain superior services to youth in a safe and inviting atmosphere
- Ensure compliance of files in accordance to specific city, state and Federal guidelines
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers, supervisors, representatives of other agencies, and the public
- Effectively communicate, verbally and in writing, with both internal and external individuals and/or businesses
- Respond in a timely manner to emergencies and resolve issues
- Provide crisis intervention independently and make informed decisions for resident infractions
- lift and move objects typically weighing 5-35 pounds; work standing, walking, and/or sitting a minimum of 8 hours per day/shift
- Performs all other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY DUTIES: as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: BS required with minimum of 5 years’ experience or MSW required with minimum of 3 years’ experience working with at-risk youth in a residential setting desired; knowledge of mental health and substance use is required; CPR and First Aid certification desired; sufficient health, ability, experience, and education to perform the assigned duties with or without accommodation.