- Experience Level
Title: Administrative Coordinator
Organization: Grantmakers for Southern Progress/Southern Education Foundation
Location: Atlanta, GA
Position Status: Part-time
Grantmakers for Southern Progress (GSP) founded in 2010, is a network of funders who are committed to fostering thriving communities in the Southern United States, by advancing structural and cultural change that result in equitable outcomes. GSP’s overall goal is to help achieve significant and sustained progress in the economic, social, and political outcomes of those who are least well off economically, politically, and socially in the South.
As a membership organization, GSP’s primary audiences are Southern-based and National funders who are interested in or already committed to supporting equity-focused structural change in the South. These funders fall along a spectrum of interest, knowledge, experience and relationships within the South, and GSP works to meet our partners where they are and support their progression along the spectrum from interest to investment, grounded in our values around philanthropic giving and practice.
- Engages Southern-based and National funders on the strategic importance of supporting and achieving equity-focused structural change in the South through providing research, data, strategic analysis and communications and, shared learning events.
- Builds community with Southern-based and National funders who are interested in supporting structural change efforts that seek to increase racial, gender, and economic equity and social inclusion in the South through convening, consulting, highlighting nonprofit infrastructure and;
- Strengthens and supports the capacity of funders to best engage in conscientious, relational, and strategic grantmaking in the region through relationship building, learning and leadership development opportunities.
The Administrative Coordinator will play a critical role in the organization’s daily operations. Primary functions will include fostering a professional and dependable relationship with members and funders; Maintaining the integrity of the organizations database; the execution of GSP’s communication strategy that involves social media post, updating website, and management of GPS’s electronic newsletter; scheduling and meeting coordination; as well as providing logistical support for special events and/or convening. This part-time position reports to the Director and will act as direct operational liaison to GSP’s steering committee.
Essential Job Functions Include:
- Supporting the Director
- Coordinate travel arrangements and maintain director’s calendars.
- Supporting staff in meeting preparation and planning including scheduling on-site meeting rooms, location set-up, agendas and other necessary materials to be presented, taking and distributing meeting minutes, etc.
- Project support for GSP programming and events
- Social media support
- Email campaign and newsletters
- Website and database upkeep
- Marketing & E-blast creation and update related to events and membership
- Attend GSP events to run the registration table and set-up and take-down materials and equipment and other administrative tasks
- Compile event performance feedback
- Logistical support of all events including ordering catering, creating badges, etc.
- Graphic development of event signage, digital banners, etc.
- Other related activities as assigned
- Punctual, Dependable, Detail oriented, adaptable, organized, and able to successfully assist with multiple projects and tasks
- Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Suite, and HTML
- Pleasant Disposition and Demonstrate consistent courtesy; effective oral communication skills and positive telephone skills.
- Effectively multi-task, establishes priorities, and work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly efficient in time management and can meet deadlines under pressure
- Available to work evenings and weekends when required – flexible schedule to accommodate evening and weekend events
- Available to work throughout southeast region
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be able and motivated to work remotely when necessary
- Exemplify flexibility, an ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage complex situations and relationships with confidence, confidentiality, and tact.
- Operating style suited to working in a small team environment where teamwork, creativity and flexibility are valued.
- Part-time with accrued PTO after 90-day probationary period.
- Twenty-four hours per week with daily operating hours Monday – Thursday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Operating hours include an hour for lunch with breaks.
- Hourly wage of $16 - $20 commensurate with experience.
- Administrative Assistant: 5 years (Preferred)
- Event Coordination: 2 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Marketing: 2 years (Preferred)
- Associate (Preferred)
To apply, please submit the following documents by February 20, 2019 to email@example.com. The subject line for your submission should include your Name and GSP Admin Coordinator. Please note any requested documents that are not submitted may lead to the disqualification of your submission.
- Cover Letter
- Updated Resume
- At least 2 work References
- Letter of Recommendation (optional)
Upon submission, if you do not receive a confirmation email, please assume your email or packet of information was not received. Thank you for your time and attention to this posting.
Grantmakers for Southern Progress
101 Marietta St., NW Suite 1650
Atlanta, GA 30303