External Relations Coordinator
- Position Type
- Full Time
Sr. External Relations Coordinator
You’ve had jobs, but have you had impact? The UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospitals Foundation provides philanthropic support to advance children’s health in the Bay Area and beyond. If you are a versatile self-starter with the ability to produce high-quality work, manage multiple projects, priorities and deadlines effectively, then come join our team!
We are seeking an enthusiastic, experienced and versatile Sr. External Relations Coordinator to provide organizational, administrative, data analysis and special project support the Foundation External Relations team. Reporting to the Senior Director of External Relations, this position works closely in coordination with the Special Events, Communications, Volunteer, Digital Marketing and Stewardship Managers to ensure systems and communications flow smoothly and provide cohesive support of the Foundation outreach activities at large.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Organization, administration and project management: Responsible for multiple ongoing projects and essential administrative services for the Senior Director and External Relations team (Special Events, Communications, Web and Online Marketing). Create systems to maximize efficiencies, enable cross team communications, manage inventories, schedule meetings, process financial reconciliations, update and maintain files (including photo and video archives).
2. Data Information and systems: Coordinate with the Donor Information Services (DIS) team to determine parameters for mailing lists to distribute event invitations, collateral and publicity for each event. Develop and implement processes using PACE (Salesforce) donor database to manage and track event mailings, RSVP’s, ticket and auction purchases etc. Update and maintain donor information around Community Fundraisers, event attendance, volunteer participation and in-kind gifts for events. Serve as the team expert and resource on tracking and registrations systems including Salesforce, RegFox, Greater Giving, Excel and Filemaker Pro.
3. Communications and Presentations: Draft materials including briefings, proposals, articles other materials in a variety of formats (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher) – layout, proofread and prepare materials for presentation or distribution.
4. Community Fundraisers: Build relationships and provide support to outside parties interested in producing special events to benefit UCSF Benioff Children’s Hospital Oakland. Provide guidance, support and materials as needed, track and review applications, collect contributions. Serve as the Foundation representative at community events and attend events and check presentations as appropriate.
5. Special Events: In coordination with Sr. Director of External Relations and Special Events Manager, support various logistical and administrative aspects of foundation-sponsored fundraising, cultivation and stewardship events. Help manage the administration, planning and execution of events including: schedules; timelines; checklists; materials; production; registration; set-up; and internal and external public relations for each project.
6. Collateral: Assist with copy creation and management of event and donor collateral, print materials, correspondence, proposals, meeting notes, publications and other materials -- disseminating information as appropriate and entering information in to Salesforce and Filemaker Pro as needed.
7. External Relations: Coordinate the involvement of necessary hospital staff and departments, foundation staff, external committees, vendors, contractors, interns, volunteers and other appropriate participants. Ensure adequate volunteer staffing, training and supervision at events and fundraising activities, for special projects, and to fulfill administrative volunteer needs. Support event committees including key community members. Ensure committees, staff and community volunteers act within Children’s mission and values.
Experience and Skills:
- At least three years’ experience in administrative work, preferably in a non-profit setting. Background in special events, marketing, communications and/or development preferred.
- Strong writing, copy editing, proofreading skills required.
- Solid proficiency in Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
- Experience with Acrobat, InDesign, RegFox, Eventbright and/or Salesforce helpful.
- Excellent organizational, communications and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills, ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment, attention to detail, and ability to work well as part of a team.
- Sense of humor and flexibility.
Minimum Education: BS/BA preferred. Related work experience required.
To Apply: Send cover letter, salary requirements and resume by clicking on the Apply button.
Job Type: Full-time