Gift Planning Associate
- Experience Level
One thousand year-old trees in an ancient forest! As our Gift Planning Associate, you would be a member of the development team focused on donor partnerships to protect and preserve these natural wonders for future generations.
For over 100 years, Save the Redwoods League has been dedicated to protecting the ancient redwood forests so all generations can experience the inspiration and majesty of redwoods. Since its founding in 1918, Save the Redwoods League has protected more than 200,000 acres of forests and helped create 66 redwood parks and preserves for everybody to enjoy. To learn more about us, go to www.SaveTheRedwoods.org
The ideal candidate is energetic, focused, and strategic. The Gift Planning Associate provides
administrative and project management support to the Director of Gift Planning, drives the gift planning marketing strategy including web content, social media, and print materials. The Associate is also responsible for portfolio management, administration of planned gifts, and provides event planning support.. Collaborates with the Director of Gift Planning to identify, cultivate and steward legacy donors and prospects.
We provide excellent benefits including paid vacation and sick time, medical, dental, transit benefits, life insurance and a generous 401K!
- Coordinates with various consultants and contractors used for gift planning marketing; maintains a production schedule of all marketing strategies
- Ensures timely and effective execution of all marketing strategies
- Coordinates with the Development and the Marketing and Communications Departments to ensure integrated marketing communications strategy
- Provides writing and editing of gift planning content used in various print and online publications; maintains the League’s voice accurately and consistently
- Provides administrative support to the Director of Gift Planning, including contract processing, travel and meeting coordination, calendar management, Raiser’s Edge data input, tracking, research, and report generation
- Drafts correspondence to estate representatives to facilitate timely and full receipt of estate gifts
- Manages Gift Planning program lists: updates Excel spreadsheets, tracks and reports on all open estates and related documentation
- Maintains prospect portfolio information in Raiser’s Edge; analyzes data and conducts prospect research to support portfolio management processes such as list segmentation, lead qualification, and cultivation prioritization
- Supports events such as luncheons, donor hikes and picnics In coordination with the Special Events Manager
- Generates donor correspondence, presentation materials, personal donor proposals, spreadsheets, and other similar materials
Qualifications and Working Conditions:
- Bachelor's degree or comparable experience in related field, e.g., communications, writing, marketing, English, journalism, liberal arts, etc.
- Minimum of two years’ administrative or project management support experience required; nonprofit development experience preferred
- Skilled in print or web based technologies (website, multimedia production, social media, MS Office, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.) or ability to learn very quickly
- Familiar with desktop publishing/graphic design experience preferred
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising database software preferred
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work successfully in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision or guidance; able to establish and monitor priorities and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently as well as on a team
- Fluent English speakers who are bi- or multi- lingual, including indigenous language speakers, are encouraged to apply.
- Strong commitment to the mission of Save the Redwoods League
- Sense of humor, grace and warm professionalism
- Occasional weekend and evening responsibilities
- Occasionally required to hike through forest land while working off-site including walking on uneven ground, climbing over obstacles, and accessing remote locations
- Occasionally lifts, carries or otherwise moves and positions objects weighing up to 30 pounds
If this fits you, please submit your resume, cover letter, and salary expectations to: Jobs@SaveTheRedwoods.org -- please put "Gift Planning Associate" in the subject line of your e-mail.
NO CALLS PLEASE . . . we are busy protecting redwoods. THANK YOU!
Save the Redwoods League is an Equal Opportunity Employer
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Environment Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Development / Fundraising Environment Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Event Planning Environment Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Marketing / Communications Environment Full Time jobs in San Francisco
- Technology / Data Management Environment Full Time jobs in San Francisco