- Experience Level
Texas Campaign for the Environment is currently seeking activists to organize on statewide grassroots campaigns to fight pollution by shifting corporate and governmental policy. As the oldest Texas-based environmental group we have successfully organized to:
- Win recycling in apartments and condos in Dallas by 2020
- Pressure polluters to pay for and complete cleanup at a toxic waste site in Houston after Hurricane Harvey
- Phase out toxic flame retardants from furniture at Fort Worth-based Pier 1 Imports
We need new voices to add to our current staff of professional, skilled, and passionate activists to strengthen our community lobbying presence. We offer extensive training, and opportunities for management experience and travel.
Our organizers are responsible for:
- Grassroots neighborhood canvassing
- Membership recruitment, fundraising, and letter-writing campaigns
- Community outreach and coalition-building
Qualified candidates possess strong communication skills and a genuine passion for the environment and progressive politics. Some related non-profit, political, or volunteer experience is preferred but not required.
- Full-time: Monday through Friday, 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Part-time positions available (minimum 3 days per week; hours are still 2pm-10pm).
- $450/week+ (Full-time), $360/week+ (4 days), $270/week+ (3 days)
- Medical and dental insurance coverage
- Paid vacation, paid sick days and paid holidays
- Rapid advancement and management training
- Opportunities for travel throughout Texas and the U.S., including national and regional conferences
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
It is the policy of TCE to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
NOTE: This position is in Dallas, TX. We are unable to provide US work authorization, housing, or relocation assistance.