- Position Type
- Full Time
The Contracts Manager is a critical role in a growing organization. This position will work closely with our program and development teams to manage Code for America’s government contracts and foundation grants portfolio, ensure organizational effectiveness and compliance, establish procedures and processes, help set relevant policies and provide technical assistance as required.
This role is critical in helping Code for America deliver timely contracts and agreements, strengthen financial and risk management practices, lead the development of new contract vehicles to enable 21st century government work, and ensure contracts and program goals are well aligned.
We are seeking an individual with a strong track record of success in managing contracts and agreements such as MOUs and Data Use Agreements, including experience drafting, evaluating, negotiating, executing, and compliance. Knowledge of technology and government contracts is an added bonus. This individual is impeccably organized, has robust collaboration and problem-solving skills and enjoys bringing their detail and customer service approach to help achieve Code for America’s mission.
This role is a full-time opportunity, based in San Francisco, reporting directly to our Chief Financial Officer.
Under the supervision of Code for America’s Chief Financial Officer, the Contracts Manager has four major responsibilities: assist the Program Directors with the development and processing of new agreements; manage government funding proposal development; facilitate contract reporting and compliance.
- Manage the end-to-end contracting process with government agencies and work closely with program and product teams on implementation of requirements and reporting.
- Works closely with cross-functional teams and contractors to develop proposals, licensing terms, and standard contracts for various governments, responding to RFPs, blanket purchase agreements, and registration requests when applicable.
- Track and manage the financial components of grant proposals, reporting and invoicing related to foundation grants.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Code for America and our pro-bono legal advisors.
- Serve as the “resident expert” on government contracts, including compliance and interpretation of contract requirements and conduct research and provide recommendations on regulations such as HIPAA, CIJS, NIST etc… as needed for the organization to work collaboratively with governments.
- Provide training to program staff as it relates to contract administration and organizational policies related to allowable expenses and invoicing procedures and help build the organization’s ability to follow systems.
- 3+ years of relevant experience in contracts processing and government contract administration
- Impeccably organized and able to manage detailed tasks
- Service oriented and enjoys managing administrative processes in service of the organization’s mission
- Self-starter able to see what need to be done and act on it; thrives in a fast-paced environment, and able to think and problem-solve creatively
- Excellent writing and analytical skills - a communicator with presence who can align and influence various stakeholders who has a clear understanding of budgets as they relate to grants.
- A high level of computer literacy and experience and proficiency with Google Docs and Microsoft Office required (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Fund accounting experience highly desired
- Nonprofit or philanthropic experience
- Familiarity with contracts related to technology
- Experience applying for or managing federal procurements such as indirect rates, single audits etc.
Code for America offers full health and dental benefits, a 401k plan with matching funds and a culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun.
About Code for America
Code for America is a startup non-profit with a great culture and a huge opportunity to make a difference. We work in cross-functional teams, collaboratively and agilely and value high-quality, user-friendly work product. We strive to learn from everything we do and regularly host talks from leaders in the civic technology movement. We respect each other, work hard, and have a great time together. We’re looking for individuals who share our vision, our values, and our willingness to do what it takes to achieve an ambitious mission over the next few years.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Code for America values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. Code for America is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.