Human Resources Associate, Generalist
- Position Type
- Full Time
Human Resources Associate, Generalist # 32039
The Carter Center is a 501(c)(3), not-for-profit, nongovernmental organization founded in 1982 in Atlanta, GA, by former U.S. President Jimmy Carter and his wife, Rosalynn, in partnership with Emory University. The Center has helped to improve millions of lives in more than 80 countries by waging peace, fighting disease, and building hope. The Carter Center is guided by a fundamental commitment to human rights and the alleviation of human suffering. It seeks to prevent and resolve conflicts, enhance freedom and democracy, and improve health.
The Carter Center collaborates with other organizations, public or private, in carrying out its mission around the world. Current information about the Center’s many programs and activities are available at The Carter Center (http://www.cartercenter.org/) .
Serving as a generalist in support of all aspects of the human resources operations for The Carter Center, the HR Associate, coordinates with various Emory departments to implement human resources processes and ensures consistent application of Emory/Carter Center policies/procedures.
The HR Associate will perform established transactional activities for staff of The Carter Center, including employee onboarding and orientation, timekeeping, and recruitment activities. Facilitates the implementation of policies and procedures in compliance with established Carter Center/Emory University guidelines. Interprets and counsels’ managers and employees on policies and procedures to ensure consistency in application. Leads employee training and education on various HR-related topics. Responsible for gathering relevant information for employee relations, occupational injury and FMLA requests. Accountable for the integrity of data in databases, records, and files and prepares ad-hoc and routine reports. The HR team coordinates and executes staff events.
This position reports to the Director, Human Resources and serves as the back-up for the Director and may supervise staff, volunteers and/or interns.
* Bachelor's degree in human resources, business administration, or a related field and three years of experience in human resources administration or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
* The successful candidate will be proactive and responsive to the organization’s needs, have exceptional interpersonal skills, strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task.
* The HR Associate is required to have the ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, and maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
* International not-for-profit human resources administration experience in a cross-cultural setting is preferred.
* Prior specialization in recruitment and professional development is a plus.
All interested candidates must apply with a cover letter and resume online to Job Number #32039 (https://staff-emory.icims.com/jobs/32039/the-carter-center%3a-human-resources-associate%2c-generalist/job) on the Emory University Careers website.