Increase Student Power - Organize on Campus
- Experience Level
CAREERS IN ORGANIZING
Students have been at the forefront of social change throughout history, from civil rights, to voting rights to protecting the environment. For over 40 years, The Student PIRGs have hired year-round, full-time Campus Organizers who help students get organized, mobilized and energized so they can create a greener, healthier, more meaningful future. Our organizers work with students on college campuses here in California and across the country, giving them the resources they need to make a difference on the issues they care about.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
In California this fall, CALPIRG Student’s Campus Organizers are working to save bees by banning bee-killing pesticides, pushing for a 100% clean energy future in our state, and helping register thousands of students to vote to make our generation’s voice heard this November.
As a campaign organizer you will work with students to run effective grassroots campaigns to educate the public and build support to win on these issues.
Our Campus Organizers don’t sit behind a desk. You’ll be out in the real world—recruiting new students to join the chapter, teaching current student leaders how to organize and run an issue campaign, organizing a news event or rally, or doing whatever else it takes to empower students to solve problems in our communities and in our country and to win your campaigns.
As a Campus Organizer you will --
- Engage and mobilize hundreds of students
- Train students to run effective campaigns, using skills like organizing news conferences, building strong coalitions, generating grassroots support, and coordinating lobby days
- Build a strong, sustainable, student-funded, and student-run organization on campus
- Build relationships with other student groups, faculty and administrators
- Run a citizen outreach office during the summer, where you’ll recruit and lead a team of canvassers to fundraise for important issues
Qualified candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to environmental, public interest, and/or student power issues, as well as a track record of leadership. We're looking for goal-driven and results-oriented individuals who have excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for the work.
PAY & BENEFITS
The Students PIRGs offer a competitive benefits package. We also offer an excellent training program and opportunities for advancement. To apply visit our website. We have immediate positions available and positions available starting Aug 2019.
We’re hiring organizers to work on college campuses in Santa Cruz, CA, Eugene, OR, and Seattle, WA.
The Student PIRGs are part of The Public Interest Network — a group of organizations that share a vision of a better country, a set of core values, and a strategic approach to getting things done. Visit www.publicinterestnetwork.org to learn more.
The Student PIRGs are a equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, age, sex, disability, pregnancy or veteran status.
For Los Angeles-based positions: the Student PIRGs will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Environment Full Time jobs in Santa Cruz
- Development / Fundraising Environment Full Time jobs in Santa Cruz
- Human Resources / Recruiting Environment Full Time jobs in Santa Cruz
- Marketing / Communications Environment Full Time jobs in Santa Cruz
- Program / Project Management Environment Full Time jobs in Santa Cruz