- Experience Level
The De Marillac Academy Student Services Center (SSC) Office Manager has the primary responsibility for office management, administrative support, and school records. This position also works closely with the Principal and the Administrative Team in the daily operations and administration of the school. The Office Manager reports to the Principal. The responsibilities are as follows:
Student Services Center Management
- Field all phone calls, the arrival and reception of students, families, guests and volunteers.
- Oversee and audits student daily attendance.
- Maintain student cumulative files through thorough data management.
- Responsible for school software yearly configuration updates and data management of multiple schoolwide databases.
- Process and distribute incoming and outgoing mail; review and maintain communication from families/guardians/physicians and make follow-up calls on attendance matters.
- Manage office staff and volunteers, including graduates, who work in the Student Service Center. Maintain a clean and orderly environment in Student Service Center, third floor closet and business area of faculty room; students’ uniforms inventory and keep room organized.
- Order supplies for the school as needed and maintain records of purchases placed and delivered; ensure that central office spaces (Student Service Center, Faculty room, third floor closet) are stocked with routine supplies
- Oversee the “first aid” policies for the administration of care to students with minor injuries and the supervision policy of students who take medication regularly while maintaining corresponding paperwork for those students.
- Prepare, distribute and maintain emergency bags and corresponding inventory annually
- Close school building daily
- Coordinate, prepare, and disseminate all materials for mailings/communication to the school community on behalf of the Administrative Team (including e-newsletter, Thursday Folder, permission slips, reminders, etc.)
- Schedule family appointments for the Administrative Team; Coordinate Family-Student-Teacher conferences
- Assist the Principal in oversight of school calendar (internal and external calendars).
- Provide administrative support to members of the Administrative team; English to Spanish and Spanish to English translation for written communications and meetings.
- Manage petty cash, including collecting of receipts and dispersing of money and preparing a monthly itemized list of spending
Admissions and School Enrollment Support
- Work with the Principal and Administrative Team to ensure an organized, effective Admissions effort, including creation of timeline, outreach, communications, marketing, and data management.
- Set up TADS Admissions Application & Enrollment process in collaboration with Director of Student & Family Services
- Administer various aspects of admissions process in collaboration with Administrative Team; including collection and tracking of all relevant information materials scheduling of meetings, testing and interviews; mailing of decision letters, and registration process.
- Collaborate with Director of Finance in the execution of financial aid applications and processing.
- Provide customer service and support to prospective families during the application process.
- Assist the Finance Director with record keeping of student and family fees and payments.
- Familiarize oneself with charisms of De La Salle Christian Brothers and the Daughters of Charity
- Attend appropriate workshops for professional improvement and growth
- Familiarize oneself with goals and policies of De Marillac Academy
- Complete other tasks as assigned by the Principal
- Must be able to communicate in Spanish (verbal, written, and translation)
- Proficient in Microsoft 365 products, and Google Suite
- Requires some long hours working at the computer
- Some evening and weekend responsibilities
- Ability to lift 30 pounds
MISSION AND VISION
Inspired by the Daughters of Charity and De La Salle Christian Brothers, De Marillac Academy provides a life-changing, accessible Catholic educational experience for the underserved children, youth and families of the Tenderloin and surrounding communities.
At De Marillac Academy, we believe that a neighborhood of residence and socioeconomic status should not determine a child’s access to quality education or ultimate success in life. De Marillac Academy’s holistic educational experience liberates students to lead lives of choice, meaning and purpose, breaking the cycle of poverty through education and transforming the Tenderloin and beyond.
An independent Lasallian Vincentian Catholic elementary school, De Marillac educates low-income, underserved children, youth, and families of the Tenderloin and surrounding communities through an innovative fourth through eighth grade school program and a dynamic Graduate Support Program (GSP) that continues through high school and beyond. De Marillac Academy provides a values-based, academically rigorous, tuition-free education to low-income students from all faith and cultural backgrounds. De Marillac Academy opened in 2001 as an independent, Lasallian Vincentian Catholic school with a class of nineteen sixth-graders. Today De Marillac serves 120 students in the fourth through eighth grades, 299 alumni through the Graduate Support Program and 242 school families through our unique wrap-around clinical and family-support program.
Position: Open until filled
Start Date: ASAP
Application Procedure: Please email a cover letter, resume, and three professional references (including email and telephone contact information for each reference) to firstname.lastname@example.org.