Fundraising & Social Media Intern
ABOUT THE PARKINSON’S FOUNDATION:
The Parkinson's Foundation makes life better for people with Parkinson’s disease by improving care and advancing research toward a cure. In everything we do, we build on the energy, experience and passion of our global Parkinson's community.
ABOUT PARKINSON’S CHAMPIONS:
Parkinson’s Champions is the Parkinson’s Foundation grassroots fundraising program devoted to raising awareness through local events, endurance races, and Facebook fundraisers. Champions come from all 50 states and raise anywhere from $100 to $50,000 creating, hosting, and executing their events.
The Parkinson’s Foundation is looking for an exceptional undergraduate/graduate student intern to work directly with the Parkinson’s Champions division on social media strategy and digital communications. This is an exciting opportunity for someone interested in building a non-profit resume to work with passionate professionals and enjoy a real opportunity to make a difference for people living with Parkinson’s. We’re looking for a commitment of 15 to 20 hours a week. Start and end dates are flexible, but we ask that you commit to at least a 5-month internship time frame for Spring or Fall semester or a 3-month internship time frame for Summer.
Responsibilities for this position may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Communicating with constituents on Facebook
- Establishing fundraising best practices for new markets
- Connecting constituents with local chapters and Parkinson’s resources
- Media monitoring, social media listening and reporting
- Developing new campaigns and event ideas to implement on Facebook
EXPERIENCE / SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Current college student (junior/senior level) or graduate student
- Self-starter who takes initiative, can solve problems self-sufficiently, but takes direction well
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – an interest in storytelling
- Strong social media skills; ability to plan and conduct social media campaigns and updates
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Graphic Design skills (Photoshop, or Canva)
- Detail-oriented; can be counted on to produce high-quality work
- Interested in the non-profit sector
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicant review will continue until the position is filled. Please indicate “Fundraising & Social Media Intern” in the subject line. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered. No phone calls please.
The Parkinson's Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.