3 days left
- Experience Level
Georgia Muslim Voter Project (GAMVP) is proud to announce an opening for Program Coordinator. We seek a dedicated and passionate individual to execute the strategy laid out by the GAMVP Board of Directors and Executive Director to achieve our Voter Registration (VR), Voter Education (VEd), and Voter Engagement (VEg) goals. This position is for a person with a successful track record in community organizing, civic engagement and/or voter registration campaigns. This individual must be comfortable and experienced working in diverse communities, especially the Muslim community. This is a full-time position.
About the Georgia Muslim Voter Project:
GAMVP was created to increase political participation among American Muslims and educate people about the importance of voting. GAMVP is a non partisan, non profit organization and our mission is to educate Muslims in Georgia to register to vote, show up to the polls, and increase voter turnout in elections through voter education, registration drives, and grassroots organizing.
We believe that in order to cultivate lifelong voters, we must engage voters in every local, state, and national election. We believe in the power of all American voices. Our focus is to empower American Muslims to amplify our voices through voting.
About the Position:
- Lead and implement on-the-ground organizing strategies to achieve GAMVP’s VR goals.
- Assist in developing plans, turning goals and strategies into tactics, timelines, and metrics, and conducting follow-up to ensure that goals are being met.
- Providing the Executive Director with weekly quantitative and qualitative reports as part of an ongoing evaluation of the program’s success.
- Implementing, under the supervision of the Executive Director, the complete vetting, interviewing and hiring of all Field Staff and Volunteer applicants.
- Ensuring the successful training and orientation of all Field Staff and Volunteers.
- Modeling positive leadership and providing resources, guidance and technical support to Field Staff and Volunteers during each phase of the program while ensuring compliance with all GAMVP policies and best practices.
- Promoting the continued development of Field Staff and Volunteers in their day-to-day duties and responsibilities over the course of the programs.
- Communicating all pertinent on-the-ground information to, and providing timely response to requests from, the Field Staff and Volunteers.
- Ensuring that Field Staff and Volunteers properly perform their roles and maintain accurate and reliable data.
- Proven track record in civic engagement, community organizing and/or voter registration campaigns.
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience, including field organizing, training, and public speaking.
- Three to five years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working in diverse Muslim communities.
- A strong commitment to diversity, equality for all and social justice.
- Strong work ethic, maturity and accountability.
- Strong time management skills, with an ability to work effectively under pressure and to prioritize multiple activities and responsibilities.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to manage details, work independently, and follow through with minimum supervision.
- Licensed driver with insurance and own transportation, clean driving record, and willingness to travel throughout Georgia. Reimbursement for mileage is provided. .
- Experience working with advocacy technology tools, including social media, text messaging, e-mail, and phone calls to increase engagement.
- Demonstrated ability to create and sustain coalitions of diverse individuals and groups.
- Personally committed to advancing GAMVP’s values, mission, and programs.
Salary begins at $35,000 per year and is commensurate with experience.
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject titled “Program Coordinator - YOUR NAME.” Any questions can also be directed to the above email address.
Start date is immediate.
Georgia Muslim Voter Project is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
More searches like this
- Advocacy / Lobbying Government $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Government $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Government $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Volunteer Services Government $30,000 - $39,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta