Senior Development Manager
- Experience Level
The mission of ANDP is to promote, create and preserve mixed income communities through direct development, lending, policy research and advocacy that result in the equitable distribution of affordable housing throughout the metropolitan Atlanta region.
ANDP was created in 1991 as a result of the merger of the Metropolitan Atlanta Chamber of Commerce’s Housing Resource Center and the Atlanta Economic Development Corporation’s Neighborhood Development Department. The impetus for ANDP’s creation was to address the diminishing supply of affordable housing in the Metropolitan Atlanta region as well as to help reclaim declining neighborhoods in its core. Throughout its history, ANDP has supported the creation of more than 8,000 units of housing for people of low-to-moderate incomes.
Since 2009, ANDP has acquired and rehabilitated over 500 single family scattered-site and has also grown its multifamily ownership and partnerships from 1 property to 5 properties with 2 additional projects under development. These efforts have impacted metro Atlanta communities that were hit hard by the foreclosure crisis and its lingering impacts, including underwater neighborhoods where outstanding mortgage balances significantly exceed property values.
ANDP is a member of the Housing Partnership Network and a chartered member of NeighborWorks America.
The Sr. Development Manager will be responsible for coordinating the submission of applications for governmental sources and new housing financing opportunities; overseeing the collection and reporting of data; and engaging with external stakeholders as needed. Strong candidates will have demonstrated prior experience in impact measurement, policy, real estate finance, and funding initiatives. She/he will report to the Director of Single Family Development and work closely with the Vice-President of Real Estate and President & CEO on strategic initiatives.
Specific responsibilities for this position include:
Housing Development Operations (60%)
1. Manage Application Submissions and Compliance/Reporting for SF Housing Development Program Fund Sources (i.e, HOME, CDBG, Invest Atlanta, Land Bank Authority, Capital Magnet, NMTC, Housing Opportunity Bonds, etc.):
- Coordinate real estate component of non-governmental foundation and corporate philanthropic grants and capital requests. Communicate with various team members that participate in application and reporting functions;
- Manage calendar of submissions and reporting deadlines;
- Prepare and submit regular reporting required by various funding sources and stakeholders due monthly, quarterly, and annually;
- Oversee certification process, including HUD non-profit and local government HOME funding, New Markets Tax Credits, Capital Magnet Fund, and Housing Opportunity Funds.
2. Data Analytics and Impact Measurement. Coordinate efforts to measure and evaluate ANDP impact:
- Work with Director of Single Family development to create and maintain key single family production reports;
- Prepare analytics that highlight key characteristics of single family partners, geographies, impacts, financial returns, and other metrics;
- Create and update financial and production data tools as needed to maintain and grow the program. These include but are not limited to the following: development and operating budgets, partner reconciliations, projections for annual budgets, projections for new ANDP single family programs in development, production reports reflecting program operations (emphasis on connecting to Developer Central data or other database systems)
- Develop and implement data analytics and measurement tools that will support the mission and growth of ANDP’s housing programs;
- Gather data to provide key insights on homebuyers;
- Work closely with others in the organization to improve impact data collection and dissemination;
- Help drive strategic decision making through development of qualitative and quantitative data analytics and research.
3. Records Management.
- Work with Housing Development team to create and maintain strong ongoing records management systems (with emphasis on electronic files) and compliance procedures;
- Manage ANDP’s electronic and hard copy files as needed;
- Modify and create new files and systems as needed;
- Lead the transition to more comprehensive electronic records management and database management systems.
4. External Partner Engagement
- Provide strategic support in managing key relationships with local governmental authorities, Invest Atlanta, Decide DeKalb, Atlanta Beltline, and public housing authorities;
- Provide support in engaging neighborhood groups, local government officials, and planning entities regarding ANDP housing programs and place-based initiatives;
- Represent ANDP at NPU and other community meetings as needed.
Other Team Responsibilities (25%)
1. Finance and Accounting liaison.
- Interface with Accounting Department to ensure that Housing Development transactions are clearly understood and accurately reported;
- Help to troubleshoot specific issues and implement continuous improvement of single family reporting as needed;
- Interface with audit firms during the audit preparation period, ensuring that they receive documents in a timely fashion;
- Work with Finance and Housing Development teams to manage available cash flow for ANDP’s single family development work.
2. Provide support for Board of Directors, Executive Committee, and Housing Development Committee meetings.
- Assist with the preparation of Board Reports for Housing Development Department;
- Manage scheduling and background work to prepare for Housing Development Committee meetings and items needed for action at the Committee and Board levels;
- Take minutes for Housing Development committee meetings.
Special Initiatives (15%)
- Provide support to VP of Real Estate and President & CEO for briefings, writing, and research analysis as needed.
- Conduct quantitative strategy analysis for special initiatives.
- Assist Senior Director of Community Engagement on real estate policy issues
- Masters’ Degree in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, or related field
- Four years of experience in real estate development, program management, planning, budgeting, or public policy
- Prior experience with compliance and reporting for government housing programs and impact measurement
- Prior experience with affordable housing finance and community engagement
- Working experience with regulatory programs, subsidy sources, and policies regarding affordable housing
- Ability to direct the work of key development team members including ANDP employees as well as third party consultants
- A self-starter with the ability to independently organize and prioritize multiple, disparate program activities pursuant to project completion
Knowledge, Skills, Competencies and Abilities:
- Excellent business writing and public presentation skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent skills in real estate budgeting and financial modeling
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
ANDP is firmly committed to a policy and practice of non-discrimination in all areas of employment. All decisions relating to employment and personnel will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (to include pregnancy), sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected category.