- Experience Level
People Acting in Community Together (PACT) is seeking an Executive Director with a passion for racial and economic justice and a desire for deep and lasting transformation of Santa Clara County/Silicon Valley. Founded over 35 years ago, PACT (https://www.pactsj.org/) is a grassroots multi-faith organization that provides leadership training and experience to community members of many different ethnic and socio-economic backgrounds.
Through PACT, people work together to solve the most pervasive social problems of our day. PACT has an annual operating budget of over $1million. PACT expands its influence beyond Santa Clara County through its membership in The Faith In Action National Network (FIA), the largest faith-based community organization in the country, and is affiliated with PICO California, which helps make connections and change on a statewide level.
The Executive Director position requires the ability to manage a thriving organization, to develop leaders from diverse communities and experiences, to promote/foster multi-faith, multi-racial, multi-generational bridge building, team building and community building and to oversee strategic organizing campaigns to win policy victories on a variety of issues. The Executive Director has overall responsibility for the day-to-day management and operation of the organization and reports to the PACT Board of Directors. The following are specific responsibilities of the Executive Director.
- Provide PACT’s leadership with the tools to define organizational vision and goals in order to implement strategic and effective campaigns.
- Develop, mentor, and work effectively with staff and a diverse group of PACT leaders, including clergy/faith leaders.
- Oversee the implementation of effective personnel and financial management policies and procedures
- Manage PACT’s budget and guide its expansion
- Establish and maintain relationships with, and build coalitions of policy leaders, elected officials and other key strategic allies
Key Qualifications for Executive Director:
- A minimum of 5 years experience in grassroots community organizing, ideally in a faith-based arena
- At least 3 years of successful staff leadership, effective implementation of local and federated campaign strategies and campaign victories
- Spanish and/or Vietnamese fluency is strongly preferred.
Salary and Benefits
- Salary range is $90,000 - $110,000
- Generous benefits package including health care and paid time off
- Opportunities for training and coaching within our statewide and national networks
Please provide the following documents online at https://bit.ly/2G8Xqo0
A cover letter explaining why you would be the ideal person to be PACT’s next Executive Director
- Two writing samples such as a press release or other public communication.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 to $110,000.00 /year