Information & Referral Specialist II (Part-Time)
- Experience Level
Reports to: Call Center Manager
Wage Range: $15/hour
Status: Part-time (20-30)
About HMHB: Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia's mission is to improve maternal and infant health through advocacy, education, and access to vital resources. Our vision is that every mother and child in Georgia will have access to resources for a healthier life. Learn more about HMHB by visiting us online at www.hmhbga.org.
Overview: Healthy Mothers, Healthy Babies Coalition of Georgia (HMHB) seeks a qualified applicant for the part-time position of Information and Referral Specialist to work with our Call Center team. We are looking for a dynamic professional to join our team and support our mission-driven activities.
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's preferred (or equivalent parent helpline training).
- One year experience in customer/client service. Preference is given to experience with information & referral system, call center.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule weekdays between 8am and 6pm.
- Ability to work "on-call" as needed.
- Experience with data systems/entry, phone systems, word processing/computer systems. Preference is given to experience with healthcare databases, family casework tracking.
- English fluency in reading, writing and speaking preferred.
- Experience working with supportive counseling in domestic violence, 911, or crisis intervention/hotline.
- Ability to act as a client advocate in order to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
1. Answer incoming telephone calls to the 1-800-Children Helpline; extract information from callers. Assess client situations and determine appropriate referrals or course of action.
2. Provide excellent customer service and maintain positive caller engagement on all calls.
3. Utilize central intake data system and screening tools to process referrals; make the most appropriate referral(s) as outlined in the Policies & Procedures Manual.
4. Document all aspects of client interaction in a customized computer database.
5. Complete follow-up calls to clients as assigned.
6. Abide by all Federal and State Laws to include HIPAA and FERPA.
7. Assist with the maintenance of an online resource directory, knowledge of healthcare
and public health services, community resources, and relevant policy issues.
8. General office duties as assigned, such as word processing, posting mail,
maintaining the office systems and environment.
9. Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Application Instructions: Please follow these instructions exactly. Applications received that are not in the correct format will not be reviewed. Please email your current resume and a cover letter expressing your interest IN A SINGLE PDF FILE, addressed to Shamonica McGill at email@example.com.
Deadline: We request that all applications be submitted by February 15, 2019, for consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Please, no phone calls. Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates selected for initial interviews will reveive a response.
More searches like this
- Customer Service / Retail Mental Health / Crisis Intervention up to $29,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Direct Service / Social Service Mental Health / Crisis Intervention up to $29,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Health / Medical Mental Health / Crisis Intervention up to $29,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta
- Social Work / Counseling Mental Health / Crisis Intervention up to $29,999 Part Time jobs in Atlanta