Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
6 days left
- Position Type
- Full Time
Executive Assistant to the President & CEO
Overview: The mission of Atlanta Habitat for Humanity is to partner with working families, sponsors and communities to build affordable, green, quality homes and to provide support services that promote successful home purchase and ownership. Our service area includes the city of Atlanta and the cities and neighborhoods of South Fulton. The Executive Assistant supports Atlanta Habitat’s mission by providing confidential administrative support to the President and CEO.
Position Summary: Atlanta Habitat for Humanity, one of the largest builders of single family homes in Atlanta, is seeking a technologically savvy and detail-oriented candidate to support the President & CEO’s administrative requirements, serve as a communications liaison with the Board of Directors, Advisory Council and support the administrative needs of other executive team members on a limited basis. Qualified candidates will have prior experience in a comparable role. Candidates should also possess a bachelor’s degree, have proficiency with a variety of office software programs, ability to set-up and manage a digital storage system, strong organization skills, excellent communication skills, and be mission-driven.
The Executive Assistant to the President and CEO is directly responsible for:
- Demonstrating a high degree of professionalism, initiative and independence in supporting the President and CEO on a wide variety of complex issues and administrative duties.
- Managing calendar and schedules, correspondence, contact management, travel, expense reports, memberships, digital and physical filing information systems
- Providing administrative support for members of the Executive Team and staff as assigned
- Coordinate meetings and information sharing with internal staff and external parties and stakeholders including but not limited to Habitat for Humanity International, Atlanta Habitat for Humanity Board and Advisory Council members, Metro Atlanta Habitat-affiliates, elected officials, business leaders, homebuyers and the public.
- Leading the preparation of materials for the Board of Directors and Advisory Council meetings including the Board packet, Board orientation notebook and reference materials, correspondence, room set-up and related duties
- Maintaining an organized electronic or paperless process for document management
- Supporting agenda for various meetings, planning and logistics for special projects and events as assigned
Qualified candidates must meet all of the following requirements:
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training and experience.
- Minimum of seven years of comparable experience as Executive Assistant including experience supporting one or more C-Level Executives in the public or private sector.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft software including but not limited to Office 365, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and Salesforce.
- Knowledge and ability of integrating an electronic or paperless document management system including use of applications like Dropbox, Evernote, Adobe Acrobat and other tools.
- Attention to detail and proven skills in time management and project management utilizing software and advanced tracking system.
- Ability to handle a heavy workload and be able to multi-tasks, shift priorities and manage interruptions.
- Ability to think independently in order to anticipate and prepare for the needs of CEO, Board and executive-level staff.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills to handle high interaction with CEO, Board, Advisory Council, Executive team, staff and stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to proofread and edit documents accurately, using standardized conventions.
- Ability to work well with staff, volunteers, homebuyers and stakeholders.
- Exemplify strong problem solving skills and “next step” thinking with the ability to anticipate needs and identify and implement improvements in office operation.
- Must be flexible, take initiative, and work independently.
- The ideal candidate will be able to work well in a fast-paced environment, handling a variety of detail-oriented tasks with a positive attitude and professionalism.
- Manage office including office systems such as copier, scanner, phone system and other office equipment.
This position is classified full-time exempt, minimum 40 hours per week. Some evening and weekend work is required. Occasional driving around the City of Atlanta is required- candidates should have a valid license and reliable vehicle. A full benefits package is offered including employer subsidized health insurance, paid time off (PTO), employee gym access, and a retirement savings plan with employer matching.
How to Apply: To apply for this job, please follow the link www.atlantahabitat.org/apply. Please no walk-ins, phone calls or faxes. Only candidates meeting all position requirements will be considered. More information about Atlanta Habitat for Humanity may be found on our website www.atlantahabitat.org. Applications will be accepted until Friday, February 22, 2019, or until the position is filled.
Atlanta Habitat is a Drug‐Free Workplace. This position is subject to a criminal background and credit check, periodic DMV checks for driving record and valid driver’s license, and drug and alcohol testing. We reserve the right to make employment contingent upon successful completion of all checks and testing.
Equal Opportunity Employment Policy: Atlanta Habitat is dedicated to a policy of equal opportunity. We will give fair and equal treatment to all employees and applicants for employment. It is the policy of Atlanta Habitat to prohibit discrimination or harassment of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants, without regard to race, color, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, religion, sex, disability, familial status, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, age, sexual orientation, past or present military status, receipt of public assistance, or any other characteristic protected by law. This policy applies to all employment practices and personnel actions, including compensation, recruitment, training, working conditions, and opportunities for advancement.
More searches like this
- Administrative / Clerical Housing / Shelter $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Event Planning Housing / Shelter $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Program / Project Management Housing / Shelter $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta
- Technology / Data Management Housing / Shelter $50,000 - $59,999 Full Time jobs in Atlanta